Custom/Hybrid WDK ROK tank

Two questions : where can I get that fuel pickup bolted to the top of the tank
attachment.php
and the second question : I know you guys run B-pipes on the ROK with those tanks, Limited or Mod? is there a difference in fitment? Pain in the Ars? Opinions, suggestions, critisizm....thanks

Another idea was, buy a couple feet of aluminum tubing, drill holes at the top of the tank for them to drop in and have them welded to the tank....what do you think. BTW, I already have two nipples on top for return and vent valve, my pickups are at the bottom of the tank, on the front.

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
we may still have a couple of fillers left for jazz tanks, they only have the 2 pickups no return or vent and take a stock gas cap
i'll check monday
Db

Draggingto

No Clue
I beleive that tank in the first picture is actually mine. I cant help with that part as i got lucky as hell scoring that tank.

But i do run a B-pipe in my Rok, i run a mod chamber in my boat, after fitting it in there im really not sure that you could fit a limited chamber? atleast not with how my water box is, I use a stock RN box. It wasnt to hard to get it all fitted in there.

Thanks for the response, great info....something to think about. It would defenitely have to be mod chamber since my tank does'nt have the cut corner like yours. I run the H2o designs water box, so the intake tube sits a bit higher, I would have to do some meassuring.

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
We have one billet dual pick up that takes a stock gasket type oem fuel cap $75.00

Attachments

• filler.JPG
    filler.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 103
We have one billet dual pick up that takes a stock gasket type oem fuel cap $75.00

Does it come with the nipples for the outside holes, are they threaded or do I need to thread them ? and inside does it have some kind of nipples for fuel line to be attached to? how about the fuel filters that go on the ends of the fuel lines at the bottom of the tank, any? Sorry for all the questions, all I got is the cap and the gasket. thanks.

Last edited:
I have an SXR based ROK, I'm running a 550 tank that I converted to internal fill with a standard kawi cap, a hole saw and some glue, it fits the hull really well.

I'm not entirely satisfied with the tank though as the filler neck leaks and the tank is old and cracking. I'm friends with a guy who builds aluminum boats, so I'm probably going to have him make me a custom tank and copy the 550 dimensions.

I ended up using a 4 gal tank from summit racing and TIGing up a stainless bracket for it. Fits really tight and you have to take the exhaust and it apart in sequence it get it in and out. Hopefully works nice, still need some 3/ths to 1/4in barbed reducers to finish plumbing it.

Attachments

• 20140330_124837.jpg
    20140330_124837.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 82
  • 20140330_115621.jpg
    20140330_115621.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 75
  • 20140329_230355.jpg
    20140329_230355.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 20140330_115531.jpg
    20140330_115531.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 81
I ended up using a 4 gal tank from summit racing and TIGing up a stainless bracket for it. Fits really tight and you have to take the exhaust and it apart in sequence it get it in and out. Hopefully works nice, still need some 3/ths to 1/4in barbed reducers to finish plumbing it.
Bit of an update, I had a weld crack in the bottom of the tank and drain a full tankl into the bilge (YAY!!!)

2jb44dd.jpg

1. Dont buy this tank
2.Buy the aluminum finish and inspect the welds (mine looked good so that won't always tell you if its Lack of Fusion/Cold weld). If you do buy one, put some rubber/turf between the tank and the base and the tank and the provided straps to cushion hard falls.

Top Bottom