FX-1 weird noise coming from ebox

Ok well just put together my ski made all my connections went to hit the start switch with much anticipation just to hear it start. When a strange sound came outta the ebox sounded like a tick tick tick. No smoke or anything came out of the ebox. Does anyone have any idea as to what would cause such a sound, or do i just have a bad ground. Engine wont crank either dunno what to do at this point in time. :261:

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
That is the starter relay making the click click noise.

First check that motor and pump will roll over by hand with plugs removed.

Check all battery connections and make sure battery is good and charged.

Then open ebox and try bypassing relay...

Last edited:
That is the starter relay making the click click noise.

First check that motor and pump will roll over by hand with plugs removed.

Check all battery connections and make sure battery is good and charged.

Then open ebox and try bypassing relay...

Ok the battery is a brand new sealed battery thats fully charged so that a check off my list

Motor pumps fine by hand so thats a check

Connections are all good went over them thoroughly.

How do i go about bypassing this starter relay im new in all things electrical but i am a handy person and learn things quite quickly if givin the right direction.

Ok the battery is a brand new sealed battery thats fully charged so that a check off my list

Motor pumps fine by hand so thats a check

Connections are all good went over them thoroughly.

How do i go about bypassing this starter relay im new in all things electrical but i am a handy person and learn things quite quickly if givin the right direction.
Open ebox and use a screwdriver across two large terminals with battery and starter cable on it. If it cranks you'll have to determine what is bad. Relay,wiring, start/stop switch etc.gl

Open ebox and use a screwdriver across two large terminals with battery and starter cable on it. If it cranks you'll have to determine what is bad. Relay,wiring, start/stop switch etc.gl

Well i tried bypassing the relay but it still made that same noise, i didnt take those wires off of the relay when i tested it (dunno iif that really would really make the difference in the whole test) . Everythig looks pretty good inside the box. Does anyone think it could be the spark plug wires are bad. How would i test them to see if thats the case. Im also gonna try and charge the battery just to see. Electrical is not my thing , thanks everyone for guiding me though the troubleshooting process. If anyone has any ideas of what this could be please let me know...

Dirtybird

Ex*ta*ski
I am having this same issue right now, 91 in the garage sh*t.
Just got the e box apart jumped the terminals and 0.
Bad starter?
Sorry if I'm jackin the thread and thanks.
Just hot and pissd :)

If u take the brown and black wire from starter relay connect brow to + and black to - on battery and it clicks its good. Could b battery wires going to ebox and starter,!just cuz the connectors r look good they could still b bad, water get in theme and corodes theme

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Well i tried bypassing the relay but it still made that same noise, i didnt take those wires off of the relay when i tested it (dunno iif that really would really make the difference in the whole test) . Everythig looks pretty good inside the box. Does anyone think it could be the spark plug wires are bad. How would i test them to see if thats the case. Im also gonna try and charge the battery just to see. Electrical is not my thing , thanks everyone for guiding me though the troubleshooting process. If anyone has any ideas of what this could be please let me know...

Spark plugs wires have nothing to do with cranking system. Disconnect the 2 battery wires from the starter relay and touch them together or hook to battery directly, if nothing then your starter is shot. Remove it and test with a battery directly.

If u take the brown and black wire from starter relay connect brow to + and black to - on battery and it clicks its good. Could b battery wires going to ebox and starter,!just cuz the connectors r look good they could still b bad, water get in theme and corodes theme

Not necessarily, plenty of bad solenoid/relays will still click but not pass 12v through.

I am having this same issue right now, 91 in the garage sh*t.
Just got the e box apart jumped the terminals and 0.
Bad starter?
Sorry if I'm jackin the thread and thanks.
Just hot and pissd :)

If battery, cables, and connections are good, then starter is bad.

Dirtybird

Ex*ta*ski
Touched the to cables together and nothing, so its the starter right?
Pull the starter and it spins if I hook it up to battery? Wtf?
Bendix sticking maybe? I'm lost

Top Bottom