Freestyle Wet foam

I am doing footholds finally so I pulled my turf off and foot straps and there's water in the holes where the straps were so I'm thinking I should re-foam. Is the best way to just cut the tray out around the edges re-foam then glass the tray back on or should I just basically make a new tray? Thanks

Waternut

Customizing addict
You can just reglass your old tray in place. It's a lot easier than making a new one. If you can cut the tray out in one big piece, it makes glassing it back together easier too.

I used boat dock foam, it's free if you find it used and it is still good once you remove the outer 2 inches of the block. I almost went with extruded polystyrene but went with expanded cause it (IMO) seems stronger and bounces back once it is compressed. It holds up the dock, so I feel it would do good in my tray.

I bought a hot knife at H freight, but a hand saw, the 3 stooges kind, not a power saw, lmao, worked great cutting my foam, but it was expanded and not extruded.

If your cutting out your tray you should widen it a little. I think mine is like 2 inches wider now and it didn't seem like much but compared to a stock tray it feels like 2 ft wider on the balance! So much nicer. I couldn't tell til I rode another ski.

Also it may be time to install a drain plug, I put mine in the pump cavity on the opposite side of the exhaust.

tomski

X
If you need a replacement I have this wider tray available.

Attachments

• Wide tray replacement 001.jpg
    Wide tray replacement 001.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 26
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 28
Top Bottom