Wet jet 46.

Since your cylinder has been cut and you didnt mention pump specs, I recommend starting with a 200 main jet an the top screw 3 turns out . This should be way too rich but its where you have to start whenever you're not 100% sure. Get 120 thru 130 pilots and a 160 and 175 main. The pilot circuit is sensitive to incremental jet changes. The main circuit has the top screw as a supplement that will cover large gaps in jet sizes.

Since your cylinder has been cut and you didnt mention pump specs, I recommend starting with a 200 main jet an the top screw 3 turns out . This should be way too rich but its where you have to start whenever you're not 100% sure. Get 120 thru 130 pilots and a 160 and 175 main. The pilot circuit is sensitive to incremental jet changes. The main circuit has the top screw as a supplement that will cover large gaps in jet sizes.
Thanks man

Normally, you will lose power if too rich and lose response if too lean. The carb tune will tend to be a little rich of peak rpm when the ski pulls hardest whenever a small pilot is used. A lot of freestyle guys like to use big pilot jets and a leaner main. This kind of tune will respond good but use a lot of gas when cruising around.

Normally, you will lose power if too rich and lose response if too lean. The carb tune will tend to be a little rich of peak rpm when the ski pulls hardest whenever a small pilot is used. A lot of freestyle guys like to use big pilot jets and a leaner main. This kind of tune will respond good but use a lot of gas when cruising around.
Thanks for the information. I am new to tuning. Trying to learn. Just hate having unused potential because tunning is off

I hate to thread jack, and would rather PM someone here, but I am new and it won't let me PM until I post enough.

Anyway, I have a stock wetjet kraze setup with the 46 mikuni, WPP intake and Wetjet pipe with tailcone flipped in my budget build 1992 SN. Stock jetting on a wetjet is 117.5p and 155m with a 115 g spring and a 1.5n/s, stock airbox., My popoff pressure is about 35. Is it safe to assume stock jetting will work for me, or does the fact that it is not in a sit down anymore necessitate a change in jetting. To me a load on an engine is a load on an engine, regardless. But please correct me if I am wrong. Would I benefit from a larger pilot and/or a smaller main?

The top screw and main jet go to the same place. You want to be a little rich of peak rpm at full speed. If the top screw ends up over 2 turns out then install a larger main jet. The pilot jet is mainly 1/4 throttle and they are very sensitive. I would buy pilots ranging from 120-130 and a 165 main. Lowering the pop off will make the pilot and idle mixture screw much richer. Raising it will do the opposite. I would add a 2.0 needle and stretch the spring to 25-30 psi and start tuning. It may take several hours to learn how carb tune affects performance but you will become your own expert very quickly.

Top Bottom