what aftermarket hull is best

Im looking to take my ridding to the next level. I live on a lake so the typical wake board boat wakes and occasionally ride surf. flat water flip on 701 power is a must. iv ridden a super freak titan and x scream 900.
ill take what i can afford but want a quality hull that i can progress with. bobs seem to be affordable but ive heard there crap. Iv been advised by many to only buy a rickter, superfreak, or xscream (cant afford xscream so that's not really an option) id like to stay under $12000 for complete ready to go ski. i currently have my eye on a superfreak badass .im trying to ride as many different hulls as possible. what are your thoughts?

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
If you can get a badass for a good deal, they're great skis. Loved the - 7 I rode.
I have a WDK rip and absolutely love it. With a 701 it's definitely flatwater flippable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

swapmeet

Brotastic
latest

^^^^ Everyone on the X seeing this thread.

This is like asking what you favorite color should be.

You live in Florida, go to the Dayton Free Ride (Jan right?) , ride skis, figure it out.
Don't be shy BTW, ask ppl if you can ride their ski.

Last edited:
To be able to flip a ski with 701 on flat water, you need a very light and short hull. You will also need a lot of hours of practice to make it happen and flips will have minimum air time with 701.
Rickter will not be your besr bet for what you want as rickters are heavy skis. Comp carbon rickter is far from your budget. May be titan made by Thrust or badass carbon freak -9 or a good deal on a used setup here.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I think the biggest mistake here is having a requirement to be able to flatwater flip with a relatively low budget while living 1.5 hours from the surf and in the same local as jetmaniacs crew that seems to regularly break out the wake boats. I'd rather have 12k into a badass surf boat than a mediocre flatwater boat but it's your call.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Welcome to this week's installment of Would You Like to But an Argument?. Will that be a 5 or 10 minute argument? Seriously, get a short hull you can afford. There's no "best" and flipping any hull is harder than most will ever understand.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
I've seen Rick Roy do it lol. Flipping behind a yacht wave with a 800 can be tricky, making it all the way around with a 701 in flatwater will take a ton of practice.
With your budget I would definitly buy used.
My favorite hull right now is a footrocket, but you may hate it, each person has there own preference. Most a/m hulls have decent quailty (you get what you pay for), any ski can be repair with a little fiberglass and know how.

In June I bought Tem's (Owner and builder of SuperFreak Skis) -7" Carbon Badass for $12000 with a 701, Mag pump, B pipe and ADA head running 175 psi. I put an enhancer in it and over the course of the entire summer I did 1 complete flatwater flip out of approx 2500 attempts lol. That said off any boat or great lake surf she flips like breeze. As much fun as it is to throw a flip, its exhausting and definitely not the focus of my riding anymore. You may want to reconsider your priorities slightly as after you get the flip, you may not want to be stuck with a hull that is so flip oriented. My -7" loves 50 mph runs, and long rides... Just think about it

thanks for all the advice. as for as the flat water flipping with 701 power, just as long as the ski with a perfect rider could do it. ill eventually get it down. im a fairly skilled rider. I can flat water roll my fx1 all day long and have got 3/4 around on back flipping off boats wake with no trim. so the hull is mainly preference i see. I basically just want to know what hulls are built well and can really take a beating. I dont want an all purpose flat water hull. i currently dont ride too much surf but am starting to ride it a lot more. so a hull more geared towards surf is better. my lake is the world headquarters for professional wake boarding so there's always big waves to hit. i only weigh 140lb so a lighter hull is more ideal for me to throw around. id really like to buy a ski ready to run. ive had three people message me about skis for sale that meat my requirements. if you know of any skis that seem to fit the bill let me know. thanks Chas

Top Bottom