What are some problems with scuppers?!?!?!?!

crammit442

makin' legs
I have the Blowsion one way in my OE hull and dual XFT's in my XFT hull. Neither leak at all. One thing I do when I install them myself is put the scupper location inside the hull at the VERY bottom. I use pvc and angled fittings to connect it to the rear of the boat so that the tubing rises between the scupper and the outlet and makes a trap. The water flows out easily, but won't flow in when the boat is at rest. Hope that makes sense.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
O

I have the Blowsion one way in my OE hull and dual XFT's in my XFT hull. Neither leak at all. One thing I do when I install them myself is put the scupper location inside the hull at the VERY bottom. I use pvc and angled fittings to connect it to the rear of the boat so that the tubing rises between the scupper and the outlet and makes a trap. The water flows out easily, but won't flow in when the boat is at rest. Hope that makes sense.

Good idea!

Mark44

Boris

The Good Old Days
i agree...you cant rely on a bilge pump..you always know the scupper/one way will work....dont let go of your ski and you dont have to worry about it sinking..and if you do your buddy should be watching and flip it over before it takes on too much water

Right there is the answers to most if not all the scupper issues.

My Blowsion vavle leaked from day one. When ever I want to sit and hang out in the water I shove one of my gloves in the hole, it pushes the valve shut and doesn't leak a drop and the glove fits nice and snug inside. When I'm ready to go just pull the glove out and take off.

I'm not using a scupper, but I'm running on of these plugs from pwcdoctor.com, that fits inside a 2" hole, It's called a Versi-plug max. No complaints so far.

Attachments

• 101-0125_IMG.jpg
    101-0125_IMG.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
i run a scupper with out a bilge of any kind....yea its a little risky but i almost never lose the boat and when i do take a break from riding...i play a little game called scupper holding,,,it involves pinching the damn thing shut...its not like id sit there and expect it to not leak:wiggle:

brett

-------------
seams like everyone with a scupper sinks their ski at least once every time they ride. unless your taylor and you dont fall.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I've never sunk my ski because of the scupper.... but I have an 1100gph automatic Rulemate Bilge on top of it and rachet straps on my hood. SCUPPERS ROCK. Wouldn't ride without one.

My ski is unsinkable unless the battery dies AND it has a BIG hole in it.

ANT

Just ride
i like having a scupper, lets out water so fast. if the bilge pump fails the scupper still lets water out and the bilges air lock and makes it a pain and you have to keep turning them on and off. If your in the surf and you lose your ski chances are your riding with someone who can go get it and if your riding in the surf alone then, well thats dumb you shouldnt ride surf alone. Even if you lose your ski wether or not you have a scupper and your ski is upside its gonna take on a lot of water and possibly sink. I ditch my ski a lot when i throw a F'd up roll or sumthing and I've never sunk it.

Last edited:

brett

-------------
im talkn about in the surf and the guys who go big. luke monson, cuong,enzo. every freakin time lol. enzo is the king of de-watering motors.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
stock bilge pump and rule 500.
im never ditching the stock siphon!

word ....stock siphon and dual rule 500's... works well... now i just need a better hood cause the stocker doesnt work so good when i go through a wave or land a stab.

Top Bottom