Surfriding What are the extra parts everyone keeps on hand for when your in a pinch?

Just wondering?
I have some fuses, a couple extra bungs for gas tank, extra lanyard, extra plugs, extra plug wires.
Ive been thinking of getting an extra coil and an extra starter but have not decided if I should yet?
What do all of you guys have on hand?

Battery
throttle cable
steer cable
fully build know working elc box
The old woodrow wilson

Who am I kidding I keep an extra of everything. I hate if somthing breaks on the weekend and I dont have the part to fix it.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I keep a crap ton of bolts (all organized). All electronics, bendix, lanyard, plugs, fuses, gaskets/o rings, carb rebuild kits, fuel line, cooling line, b pipe coupler, zip ties, duct tape. That might cover it. I keep all this stuff not so much for local riding but the long trips where I am at the water for a week. (See link to Torch Freeride in sig)

JPCharmin

just order him a turd
Type 4 coupler & O-ring
Starter
Bendix
Battery & Battery Charger
Spark Plugs
Flush Kit
Lanyard
Compression Gauge
Torque Wrench
Flywheel Lock
Impeller Wrench & Spline Tool
Zip Ties
Super Glue
Carb Cleaner
Extra Fuel & Cooling Lines
Loctite
And all my tools organized in a personal 4 drawer tool box

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
For local riding, I bring tools and that's it. I figured out a while ago that paying for new OEM parts and keeping the ski maintained is better than having chitty spares in my tool box.

For surf riding, I don't like making a six hour trip and NOT have spares. Usually starter, bendix, plugs, o-rings, battery, pipe couplers.

JPCharmin

just order him a turd
just for the record, OEM parts are all i keep as spares.. my boy buys the cheapie ebay starters and always wonders why they dont last as long

Top Bottom