Surfriding What are the extra parts everyone keeps on hand for when your in a pinch?

djraider700

lol wut?
Doesnt matter. The thing thats gonna break is the one thing you dont have.

I usually go with extra plugs, gas, and oil. Just hope that one of my riding buddies has stuff with them haha.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Sadly I usually get my ski rideable last minute using spare parts and show up forgetting something and hoping that friends brought parts

Never keep anything on purpose, local surf 13mins, local lake 4.5 mins, AJSP and yamaha both 10 mins away. Along with about 3 other ski shops.

Last edited:
Our summers in canada are far to short to waste time waiting on parts so i now made one enclosed trailer just to haul my skis and parts. It doesnt matter if its for a 1hr night ride at the lake or a 2 week vacation. I have learned the hard way to many times and just decided to eat the bullet and have a spare EVERYTHING on hand. We all know that jetskis are relatively simple to work on and most repairs can be done on site. I honestly keep a spare everything other then a hull. We always have 1 or 2 complete spare skis around. As for cables, bendix's, starters, stators, CDI'S, any TL part, bungees, etc etc i just bite the bullet and buy them. between me and my friends who ride i guarentee we use them sooner or later and i prefer to ride with friends not make them watch on the sidelines. They always pay you back so why not. I know for most of you in the USA you get your parts overnight but we are usually 4 days .... ta 2 weeks. lol. for the most part jetski parts are somewhat affordable. if you come across a good deal on parts buy them.
IMG_0375[1].jpg

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I probably have 5 skis worth of spare parts for my X2, and I need them.

I have no spare part for my Superjet. Why would I need them? Damn thing runs like a top and just keeps going.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Our summers in canada are far to short to waste time waiting on parts so i now made one enclosed trailer just to haul my skis and parts. It doesnt matter if its for a 1hr night ride at the lake or a 2 week vacation. I have learned the hard way to many times and just decided to eat the bullet and have a spare EVERYTHING on hand. We all know that jetskis are relatively simple to work on and most repairs can be done on site. I honestly keep a spare everything other then a hull. We always have 1 or 2 complete spare skis around. As for cables, bendix's, starters, stators, CDI'S, any TL part, bungees, etc etc i just bite the bullet and buy them. between me and my friends who ride i guarentee we use them sooner or later and i prefer to ride with friends not make them watch on the sidelines. They always pay you back so why not. I know for most of you in the USA you get your parts overnight but we are usually 4 days .... ta 2 weeks. lol. for the most part jetski parts are somewhat affordable. if you come across a good deal on parts buy them.
View attachment 216621

Hah. Your one ski costs more than my ski and quad, my fiances ski and quad, both trailers and all of my tools combined. And you're like, yeah, extra parts? I just keep a few spare skis. Oh, your total loss broke, here, I have 2 extra.

I don't know where I f'ed up, but I obviously did somewhere. We're tied on having an awesome lady, so at least I did something right.

View attachment 216621

I like your style!

I work in the oil patch and have gave up almost all my hobbies now. I am currently working in china (its sucks i just ate some really bad fish). I have just realized in the last year that i want to focus what little free time i have on my favorite hobby. I sold my sleds beginning of winter (of course we get record snow this year) and i am selling all mine and my wifes race quads as well. I may only get 1 or 2 days a week where i have a few hours to be able to ride so i want to be on the water not waiting on parts drinking beers...well maybe beers but not waiting lol. i normally only get 4 days off a month and i like them to be on the lake.... or in winter at our local hockey rink lol.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Plugs
Gaskets and orings
Fuel line
Starter
Throttle cable
Steering cable
Bendix
Start stop switch
Engine mounts
Relay
Coils
Pickups
Fuses
Steering nozzle
Hydro turf...it's like a Swiss Army knife
Superglue
5" epoxy
Jb weld

All the chit that breaks unexpectedly and leaves u on the shore watching ur boys ride. OEM is def the way to go, but thankfully jetmaniac is only one state away.

I sell everything else but these backups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom