What are your guys opinions on TDR Power spray box for the blaster?

fastlife23

The E DOUBLE
Hey guys what up! Ok long story short my factory pipe waterbox cracked at a weld and my poor blaster has been choking on exhaust fumes! Ok easy fix, right? Wrong there not making that damn box until december which is comepletely horse poo!!!! So I ordered a TDR silencer waterbox power spray model hoping this thing is good. I know there are moe then a few people out there that know about these things so please dump your opinions on me THANX!!!!

Send that TDR back and weld the other one up. The TDR's are LOUD... Did you hear me... LOUD... I can't hear you... I lost my hearing in my left ear because of my new exhaust set up....

Really I was told before I bought my TDR that it would be louder than the new Xmetal box but I thought ... Heck why not... Well I know why not now.. I will be selling the TDR as soon as my winter teardown gets underway and going back to a stock box

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Send that TDR back and weld the other one up. The TDR's are LOUD... Did you hear me... LOUD... I can't hear you... I lost my hearing in my left ear because of my new exhaust set up....

Really I was told before I bought my TDR that it would be louder than the new Xmetal box but I thought ... Heck why not... Well I know why not now.. I will be selling the TDR as soon as my winter teardown gets underway and going back to a stock box

The TDR is kicK yo azz slap off the lake TRAINWRECK LOUD,I know no other way to describe it.

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
are there really any performance gains with useing an A/M waterbox on anything? beside loosing a few LBS? do they typically hold less water in them or are they less restrictive?

sorry for the highjack?!///

fastlife23

The E DOUBLE
lol are they that loud? Well guys i cant weld the box its cracked like in 3 places, specifiacally where the hose connects on the top. That piece cracked all the way around and the cost of welding it would exceed a new tdr box

from Group K site :Contrary to common belief, the stock Yamaha waterboxes yield excellent overall power levels in all high output applications. Unlike most after market waterboxes, the stock waterboxes can offer quiet sound levels along with strong power even when water is diverted away (water diverters are a part of every Group K engine kit). Even the 701cc Hammer 96 runs best with the stock waterbox. We have tested numerous aftermarket waterbox replacements and found none that significantly increased overall power

lol are they that loud? Well guys i cant weld the box its cracked like in 3 places, specifiacally where the hose connects on the top. That piece cracked all the way around and the cost of welding it would exceed a new tdr box

Anything can be welded. Stop by a welding shop and ask. I cut my old water box in half and had the baffle modified and then the welding shop charged $20 to weld it back together and weld a "T" pipe on the top so it would be dual exhaust.

Top Bottom