Blaster What are your winter plans?

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I just moved and I'm living in a hotel for now. Give me some time on the seat... I can post pics of my first seat I made thats on my other B1 for now if I can dig it up.

Blaster800 I agree with cutting the fins out if running a mag pump. They don't line up with the stator fins at all on a mag and I know what you mean about the protec fins being even bigger and the trim needing more throw!

The straightening viens in the nozzle are there for a reason. They don't have to line up with the stator viens to work, in fact it doesn't matter what they line up with. They are there to strighten the flow, strighter water = more force. (A weak way of stating it but, it works)

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
the last two nozzles I have put behind my 12 vein setback skat have snapped some of the straightening veins out of the nozzles.

Right now the nozzle I have has 5 out of 6 veins snapped off. I think it is from the turbulence of the veins not lining up with the pump stator since I have 12 of them now.

Oh and btw I noticed no difference in hookup or the way the ski rides.

Edit: in fact I had no idea they were broke again until I pulled my pump to send it out this week.

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Best nozzle I ever put behind my 140 mag was a vane-less Skat nozzle at 82.6mm.
An 84mm stocker was noticeably worse, but that may have had to do with size more than anything

Top Bottom