What Bike Should I Buy?

yamahammer

are you men the police?
i bought a crf450x about 6 months ago-- very happy-- install jd jetting kit, open stock exhaust and airbox--all very simple mods-- and your good to go-- with honda reliabilty--estart (which WILL ruin you forever if youve never had it like me)-- easy to legalize if you want to (in TX anyway)-- i like the ktms and they are a 6 speed which is cool, but ive never seen one that wasnt leaking something????-- X is tall and i guess heavier if your a sissy, but i like mine so far-- keep the ski for summer and bike for whenever

i bought a crf450x about 6 months ago-- very happy-- install jd jetting kit, open stock exhaust and airbox--all very simple mods-- and your good to go-- with honda reliabilty--estart (which WILL ruin you forever if youve never had it like me)-- easy to legalize if you want to (in TX anyway)-- i like the ktms and they are a 6 speed which is cool, but ive never seen one that wasnt leaking something????-- X is tall and i guess heavier if your a sissy, but i like mine so far-- keep the ski for summer and bike for whenever

KTM's are bulletproof.... they due tend to leak at the counter sprocket or gear shifter if you let them sit a lot.

yamahammer

are you men the police?
dirtbikes are a wash for the most part (about like yami vs. kawi here)-- any badass will be a badass on just about any bike they sit on-- i loaned my bike to a buddy of mine a while back when my leg was broke and for the time he was on it i was actually GLAD my leg was broke because he rode easily twice as fast as me and wheelied or aired most of that.

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
dirtbikes are a wash for the most part (about like yami vs. kawi here)-- any badass will be a badass on just about any bike they sit on-- i loaned my bike to a buddy of mine a while back when my leg was broke and for the time he was on it i was actually GLAD my leg was broke because he rode easily twice as fast as me and wheelied or aired most of that.

you are mostly correct, but even top riders will tell you that they all have minor differences that make one preferential over another for various reasons.

yamahammer

are you men the police?
you are mostly correct, but even top riders will tell you that they all have minor differences that make one preferential over another for various reasons.

like which company will support and pay them the best---right now in offroad thats KTM fo sho--doesnt hurt that they do have 100 models to choose from:drive:

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
like which company will support and pay them the best---right now in offroad thats KTM fo sho--doesnt hurt that they do have 100 models to choose from:drive:

actually some bikes do handle differently do to stearing goemetry, and weight displacement, there there are engine differences that effect power characteristics. then add in chassis design that effect how supple or stiff a set up may be. I've ridden almost everybike there is on the market, and I love my KTM. But I can tell the difference from one bike to another. And I'm not a pro rider, and money has nothing to do with it.

yamahammer

are you men the police?
actually some bikes do handle differently do to stearing goemetry, and weight displacement, there there are engine differences that effect power characteristics. then add in chassis design that effect how supple or stiff a set up may be. I've ridden almost everybike there is on the market, and I love my KTM. But I can tell the difference from one bike to another. And I'm not a pro rider, and money has nothing to do with it.

:ugh:

Is this bike for sale now? I thought I saw it advertised somewhere? I'm looking for a CR500 but I want a beater so I can swap it in to a newer frame.
100_3515.jpg

100_3512.jpg

cr5.jpg

this is my street bike ...

100_3521.jpg

Top Bottom