What do these do?

On the RN fuel tank the two nipples on the right side. Mine has the fuel switch on the dash bypassed (broken) and the little water separator on the left side of the ski gone. On those two nipples on the tank both are going up the pole with little canisters on them. Is this ok? Wondering if they should be blocked or what to do with them??? Thanks for any help!!!

The one on the right is for the return line,the other is for the vent.

So you should have the two lines from the center on the pickup going to the carbs one to each on dual carb,one for the fuel return and then a vent. Stock the vents have a one way air valve in them to allow air in but not out.

Where is your fuel return line at right now?

Boris

The Good Old Days
One nipple should have the fuel return and the other the vent check valve.

Those hoses going up the handle pole are vents. One for the battery and the other for the fuel tank (it's the one that gets hooked up to the check valve via water separator).

I pulled them out a long time ago and think they are useless. They were just getting in the way of my pole breather tube.

I still run the stock 38's, the return goes down the old pickup in the tank, the carbs get fuel from the reserve tube. I would think the tank needs to have a vent so it does not turn into a vacuum. I will block one and use the other for a vent for now.

Boris

The Good Old Days
The tank does need a vent (with the check valve) but it doesn't have to go up the pole.
Many just have a short piece of hose with the check valve and dangle it in the bilge.

I wonder where the check valve went, what does it look like or can I just go get a one way valve and hook it up???

Top Bottom