What do you imagine you would spend to make a SJ Freeride ready?

D-Roc

I forgot!
its not about just about riding or wrenching. personnally i enjoy both. i love riding and hate wrenching at the beach or on the trailer. Now o,nce the season is over then its time to spend money and get the ski ready for next season. i enjoy the challenge of installing new parts and dialing them in. once you start modding its really hard to stop. especially if you have buddy's with kick ass skis. feed the addiction and buy some more new parts and replace the worn out ones. some people have bad luck and end up wrenching all summer to stay on the water or chase a tuning issue. As long as you get out their with your crew and have a great time it doesn't matter. wrenching and riding go hand in hand imo. if it weren't for all the grease monkey motorheads we wouldn't have so many parts developed to but on out skis. Stock sucks!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
You can do quicksteer and straight bars without buying anything but straight aluminum tubing.
The rest you can use stock parts, modified, for.

wydopen

onthepipe
Interesting. I wouldn't think that something that apparently is controversial (as we have found recently) would be something that would be "Tits or GTFO" for someone. I hope I have the same experience with mine.

just because some lake riders dont like them dosnt mean i dont :ugh2:

id honestly rather not ride than ride a sj without them

and what the hell does "tits or GTFO" mean???

Last edited:

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Right... but you said its one of your Must haves. Meaning it must have had a HUGE effect on how how your ski rides. Im just glad to hear that I guess. Even though I only do lake/river riding right now.

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
Freeride, 5k? :lmao:

B-Pipe $700
Bilge pumps $40
Tubbies $300
Hoodstraps $15
Pole limiter $15
One way $30
Rideplate $100
Intake grate $100
Impeller $250
Get stock head milled $50

Total $1,600

Sure, you can add other stuff like straight bar steering, UMI, whatever - but with the above, you'd have a nice freeride SJ.

Pretty much whats above but with

Straps or Footholds - $50-100
Turf & Underpadding - $100
Towloops - $5
Girdled head - $300 (of all people you preach not to run without a girdle)still can but he wants a bulletproof ski so we'll add this

Thats pretty much it, you'll want a throttle and bars though, just because the OEM ones are terrible. You don't 'NEED' them.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Interesting. I wouldn't think that something that apparently is controversial (as we have found recently) would be something that would be "Tits or GTFO" for someone. I hope I have the same experience with mine.

this subject is for freeride right? tubbies are needed on a real freeride boat.

you guys are WAYYYYY overkilling it....

for a freeride ski all you REALLY need are:

reinforcement
pipe
footholds
shorter pole w/straight bars and limiting rope
hoodstraps
prop
bilge pump/scupper/1 way...your choice

DONE!

Last edited:
Top Bottom