300/440/550 What exhaust on my 750 x2?

I I have a 96 big pin in my 92 X2. I just bought a new porp, v force reeds and an msd enhancer. The only other things that I am thinking about is a new exhaust and possibly a new head. I have a westcost head and exhaust on ther now. Any suggestions? Is the new head a good idea? What pipe should I go with? I hear a lot of talk about a factory exhaust manifold with a superjet chamber? Any good or should I do something else? Thanks

Legdragger

Bringing it back
I have run the Superjet limited chamber for a year now. It fits good if you rotate it slightly to get it to point up just a little bit. I am going ot try the mod chamber and see how that works. My intuition tells me the shorter Mod chamber from the superjet would be better for the SXI motor you have. You need to reshape the tank a little with a heat gun to make room for the fat chamber to get by. Just make sure the tanks is free of gas fumes when you are working with it. Heat it until it looks clear then form it with something round like the pipe.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I have run the Superjet limited chamber for a year now. It fits good if you rotate it slightly to get it to point up just a little bit. I am going ot try the mod chamber and see how that works. My intuition tells me the shorter Mod chamber from the superjet would be better for the SXI motor you have. You need to reshape the tank a little with a heat gun to make room for the fat chamber to get by. Just make sure the tanks is free of gas fumes when you are working with it. Heat it until it looks clear then form it with something round like the pipe.
:haha: What he said.

So are you saying to go with the superjet pipe instead of a 650 factory or coffmans pipe? I am looking for bottom end braaappp.

Legdragger

Bringing it back
$380, 650 Kawi wetpipe: Bolt on an go

$630, Superjet B-pipe: deform the tank a little, bolt on and go, then sell the yamaha manifold it comes with for $75-$100 to a guy with a superjet that has stripped his out and helicoiled it twice already. Modern chamber design costs money.

$630, 750 Kawi wetpipe: Not sureif it fits. Looked at one once and it looked like the tank was a big issue. Heard they make nice power.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
When I talket to FP, they said it won't fit, however that doesn't mean it can't be done.(sxr wet)

when i git my motor back for a rebuild im going to try the 750 wet pipe on mine , ill try and get the standard gas tank in but im picking ill have to build a new gas tank out off carbon at a guess. i have the pipe already thats the main reason im going that way insead off the yami b pipe

wadman

wadman
is the mariner a good pipe for the 650?or should i put on my westcost pipe?

Attachments

• houes worked on -x2-stang 019.jpg
    houes worked on -x2-stang 019.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 159

professor961

Selling all X2 and 650 parts - message me!
My 750 X2 big pin has the Factory Pipe, and I love it. I think it's a big step up from the Coffman's. I've run Coffman's and the Mariner pipe and they are good but I held out for the Factory and was glad I did. Prof

Top Bottom