What famer john style wetsuit to get?

Gainera2582

Power and Agility
Well, its Christmas list time, and I have decided I need a new wetsuit. I see slippery makes the switch race suit, jet pilot makes the flight suit, and quakysense makes a bunch of farmer style suits(real expensive though :( ).

Anyways, which one holds up great and which is the most comfortable?

Thanks,

Aaron

Frosty

New York Crew
i've had JP, Slippery, Mobby's and Mormaii

they were all decent. I found the newer slippery suits to not be a s good as the older ones i've had. they cheesed out on some things IMHO. Like no zippers at the lower leg for easey on/off.

My JP from several years ago is still in great shape, but it's dated... the color scheme is from the 90's (lol)

I am rockin a Mormaii now, from jetstroke usa - decent price and it's a great suit. sizes seam to run small though. but all in all I really like it.

also, all of my older suits (JP, Slippery and Mobby's) all had sewn on rubber knee and shin protection. all the new suits don't seem to do that any more... they are now some kind of decal that cracks and wears off. it sucks!!! High prices for crappier gear...

Moondance

Just plain me....
i've had JP, Slippery, Mobby's and Mormaii

they were all decent. I found the newer slippery suits to not be a s good as the older ones i've had. they cheesed out on some things IMHO. Like no zippers at the lower leg for easey on/off.

My JP from several years ago is still in great shape, but it's dated... the color scheme is from the 90's (lol)

I am rockin a Mormaii now, from jetstroke usa - decent price and it's a great suit. sizes seam to run small though. but all in all I really like it.

also, all of my older suits (JP, Slippery and Mobby's) all had sewn on rubber knee and shin protection. all the new suits don't seem to do that any more... they are now some kind of decal that cracks and wears off. it sucks!!! High prices for crappier gear...
Yep...mine is the same way. I don't want a new one just for the fact that this one still has the pads on the knees, zips at the ankles & has a jacket that zips & is easy to get on & off. Oh well...I'll just rock the 90s until it falls apart:bananajump:

jmo...but I don't like pull-over style jackets. I'd sacrifice a little bit of water intrusion over ease & comfort.

DaUpJetSkier

I like square
on a side note, ill never buy a farmer again, its either full surf style suit, theyre easy to move in and dont let any water flow in, or if its nicer its mx riding shorts or pants, compression shorts under, and a 2mm top.

It seems like they ALL decided to go cheap. None of the new ones are as nice as the ones from a few years ago. My slippery John and pullover from years ago are still the nicest for the money I have seen. I bought a JP john/jacket 3 years ago and returned it because it was so cheaply made. The JP Rubber with Titanium from 7/8 years ago was SOOO nice. Still have the jacket, but the john part of that one finally gave out.

I guess with the quality of the new suits from Slippery and JP, I truthfully would buy an Oneil or Morm or another one.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
My last one was a Mobbys. It was a great suit and lasted a long time till the crotch started ripping out. Did Mobbys go out of business? or just not selling suits anymore? I havent checked on Mobbys for a long time.
I still have a Mobbys 5 mil OLD SKOOL dayglo pink and black Pirana suit. Its a tank of a wetsuit, but real comfortable. I dont wear it much anymore.

Fro Diesel

creative control
I love my oneil surf suit. Quality construction. It listed for 209 but i got it at the end of the season (or start of waves season up here) for 165 out the door. I am very happy with it, however if i hang out in the tray with my legs off the back and lots of throttle (to get through the pier openings and out into the sea when its choppy) IT will let some water in that gets trapped around my calves. I just stick a hand down there and let it out once in a while. Way better than my slippery farmer pos but i got it cheap ($40) so who cares. I just bought a dry suit, i am interested to see how that works.

i have a dive master farmer john that also has a shorty that goes over it but the shorty has long sleeves. I like it and have been using it for 1 season now and my dad has one that is over 10 years old and is still in really good shape. I got mine off overtons.com for $100 but they dont seem to have it there anymore.

noah45

SlipNut
Just to throw it out... IMO drysuits have more flex than the wets, but I don't have experience w/ real jet ski type brands. Either way ; Eghey it cheap.

Top Bottom