FX-1 What footholds do you like best for fx-1?

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
I'm planning on putting in some footholds and am looking for some opinions?

What have you tried and why or why haven't you liked them (pluses and minuses)?

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
Did you guys install the new style (cyclone type) or the older rickert type wcf footholds?

I'm not sure what the difference is between the two, but I heard people talking about how they changed their footholds at some point.

I have the wcf holds in the mail currently. Maybe I'll install them on the fx-1 instead of the superjet. Or maybe if I like them on the superjet I could just order another pair.

The rev holds look super comfortable. I've seen others install them without the enclosures.

What don't you like about the rev's in the fx-1? Is it mainly the enclosure part or is it the whole fit and feel?

I've also heard the rev's are pretty big. Did you have to mess with the exhaust to get the rev's in the fx-1?

How about with the wcf's?

What do you like about the wcf's? btw I have a size 9 shoe.

my shoe is a 10 and i hate my diggers in my fx-1. its the only pair of footholds i have used so i was hopeing i would get used to them but i really dont care for them

I have the rev's in my fx1, without enclosures.

They don't clear the exhaust but I cut a groove out of the toe of the hold instead of messing with the exhaust pipe. Its tight but till just enough room to jam my right toes into the hold.

Just about everyone I ride with uses revs as well so I don't have much experience with other holds.

Jet Set Performance

I just wanna ride!
I have the Maros era 24/7 universals in my FX, and love them. Very comfortable (I wear a size 11.5 shoe), no clearance issues with the exhaust during install, pretty simple to turf, and don't protrude into the tray area too bad. If you can find them, or anyone who is making "reproductions" of them, I would highly reccomend them for the FX.

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
Could you explain the groove? I think the revs sound like they really hold the feet in and are not so painful to use when pulling up.

Could you explain the groove that you put in the holds? I don't quite get it? Did you glass a section into the holds to avoid the exhaust or how did that work? I'd like to keep my exhaust in the same position too if possible.

What size shoes do you wear that the rev's still allow you to put your feet in?

I suppose the exhaust limits how far forward the holds can be put in too?

Thanks for the replies

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
Here are my thoughts: I recently did the Rev in my FX-1 build. Yes, the exhaust tube on the right toe area is a problem and I thought that by cutting out the toe of that foothold and reforming it would be the right way to go.
It's not.
I wear a size 11, and I prefer to ride stand ups with shoes. By cutting out the little bit for the pipe, it doesn't allow your foot in far enough to get good lift. The correct way to do it, in hindsight, would be to dent the tube. Tough, though, because it is stainless, and you might have to remove it to dent it right, then reinstall it (hassle).
The other thing that I really really REALLY don't like about the REV's in my FX-1 (and I'll preface it by saying that it might just be the size of my feet) is that the top part of the foothold digs into the top of your foot when you try to lift. It's painful, and not just a little. Very uncomfortable.
Lastly, I found quality issues. Before I installed them, I found that they were NOT mirror images of each other, which, for that kind of $$$ they darn well should be. That was disappointing.
I have toe holds on my other FX1, and in the third FX-1 I have the 24-7 Maros-era ones, which, at size 11 shoe, are too small IMO.
I've yet to see the perfect FX-1 foothold. (and frankly, I'm not sure what the answer is)

Last edited:

FX-Rex

Poker in the Front...
I loved my 24-7 holds in my SJ (size 10.5). Although I felt the duck foot position was a tad awkward at times, my feet were securely lock in.

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
seats, did you pad the top of the rev hold? I found the same pain when I tried some footholds in a superjet recently. The guy said he forgot to pad the tops of them.

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
seats, did you pad the top of the rev hold? I found the same pain when I tried some footholds in a superjet recently. The guy said he forgot to pad the tops of them.
No, I didn't. I'm thinking about having a one piece pad put on the entire sides. (I've been talking to user carterB about it....he does that sort of turf install, and he's done quite a few FX-1's, and if nobody buys the four FX-1's I have in the next few days or so, I'm gonna have him do the entire thing. Then we'll see if it's better. But it's like the REV footholds dig right into that bone on the top of your foot just below where your leg meets your foot, and maybe its just me, but it friggin' hurts.

If you are a bare foot stand up rider, IMHO, I'd say stay away from the REV......but in the same breath I'll say I don't know what else to recommend.

Last edited:
Could you explain the groove? I think the revs sound like they really hold the feet in and are not so painful to use when pulling up.

Could you explain the groove that you put in the holds? I don't quite get it? Did you glass a section into the holds to avoid the exhaust or how did that work? I'd like to keep my exhaust in the same position too if possible.

What size shoes do you wear that the rev's still allow you to put your feet in?

I suppose the exhaust limits how far forward the holds can be put in too?

Thanks for the replies

Unfortunately I didn't take any better pictures of it. But you can kind of see how it fits. We took out as little as possible for the foothold to fit level. Its about the width of the tube, then cut at the angle of the pipe. Then glassed right over the exhaust tube.

The further back the hold the less you have to worry about the exhaust.

I have size 11.5 feet and with the remaining space I can easily get my foot in without and shoes but with shoes its a tight fit, but still manageable.

Attachments

• hold.jpg
    hold.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 78

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
Here are mine:
You can see the pipe in the bottom of the front of the foothold. The next time I do this (which will be, oh, about NEVER) I will remove the stainless tube, bend it properly, then reinstall in then install the foothold around it. I will also, next time, install front exhaust as well, so any denting of the pipe wont matter anyway.

Attachments

• FX1 Build 018.jpg
    FX1 Build 018.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 85

FX-Rex

Poker in the Front...
Here are mine:
You can see the pipe in the bottom of the front of the foothold. The next time I do this (which will be, oh, about NEVER) I will remove the stainless tube, bend it properly, then reinstall in then install the foothold around it. I will also, next time, install front exhaust as well, so any denting of the pipe wont matter anyway.

front exhausts suck.

Dirtybird

Ex*ta*ski
Loud, dirty, loud, and loud. Really it is all a matter of what you like to run. Everyone has there own opinion on front exhaust,likes and dislikes.

Top Bottom