What footholds will fit in my ski?

So I widened my tray in my superjet and now i'm wanting to put adjustable footholds in my ski. My only problem is i'm not sure what footholds will fit in my ski. I've tried the older style rickter footholds and they did not fit. I was thinking about trying the newer hurricane footholds next. Anyone have some ideas?

Attachments

• dss.jpg
    dss.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 39
  • sdd.jpg
    sdd.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 40
What ski is it and how thick are your gunwhales now that you have widened it? I just put new adjustable rickter footholds in my fx-1 so I can take measurements for you when I get home if you are interested. I know you said you tried older ones but maybe they have been redesigned???

it's a RN superjet, my gunwhales are pretty well reinforced, so i'm not worried about drilling footholds into the side of the ski. If you could take some measurement that would be great!

I'm just wondering about the thickness of the gunwhales from outside of the ski to the inside of the tray because of how wide (thick) the rickter inserts are. I'll take measurements when I get home and let you know. How come the other ones didn't work? just curious what measurement I should focus on to see if they are different from the other ones you used

I didn't have enough room in the rickter footholds to get my feet in, unless I ride bare foot. I actually have a set of Nate's footholds, they look awesome and should work out pretty good, the only thing is they take up a lot of space in my tray the way I glassed it up. I'm thinking of modifying the rickter footholds so they mount lower.

Attachments

• gggs.jpg
    gggs.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 33
  • dfg.jpg
    dfg.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 35
They are definitely designed to accommodate a lot of padding and a wide tray.

Are they mounted into the rickter brackets in that photo? The angle looks a little off. When are you needing/wanting new holds? I can make you something custom if you want... Closer in to the walls, different mount angle, etc. would be a little bit of a wait though. Let me know, happy to help in anyway I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't drilled any holes in your footholds yet, but they will work with the rickter plate. I kind of wish I glassed my tray a little differently. If you did have the time to make something custom, that might be the best bet.

The design of your footholds works really well, I'm sure they would work well with any aftermarket hull, since they all have wider trays then mine.

Let me know, happy to help in anyway I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy's a class act. I cant tell you how many hundreds of PM's worth of questions about fiberglass work I had that he responded to on my build, even while he was slammed with work on his own build. Seriously, one of the nicest guys in the world.

I haven't drilled any holes in your footholds yet, but they will work with the rickter plate. I kind of wish I glassed my tray a little differently. If you did have the time to make something custom, that might be the best bet.

The design of your footholds works really well, I'm sure they would work well with any aftermarket hull, since they all have wider trays then mine.
your rickter holds look the same as the ones I have, so I don't think there was a redesign. I am definitely battling having enough room for my feet using those as well, but part of my problem was that I drill the holes for the plate lower than I should have....

Top Bottom