Super Jet what happens when your reeds go bad?

I was flushing the ski tonight (bliping the throttle pretty hard and fast) and had a backfire. after that ski would not start w/o pulling the throttle all the way and then would run rough as :):):):). If left at idle it would just die after a few seconds...

Does this sound like reeds??? I have had the same Carbon Tech reeds for like 8 years too

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
sounds like the same problem I am having and I have carbon tech reeds too that I dont know how old they are. My ski has been back firing, hard to start, and when it did start, ran like there was a air leak. The biggest gap was .016 on one leaf of the reads. Im waiting on new ones and hope that fixes the problem

3476A166-21FA-4DC0-8F16-E6575E868965-23186-00001B0532072231.jpg

sounds like the same problem I am having and I have carbon tech reeds too that I dont know how old they are. My ski has been back firing, hard to start, and when it did start, ran like there was a air leak. The biggest gap was .016 on one leaf of the reads. Im waiting on new ones and hope that fixes the problem

let me know how that turns out..

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Pull the flame arrestor and fire it up, you should not be able to feel anything coming back up through the carbs while it is running.

Top Bottom