Other What have you lost in the water this year?

JamesG

Site Supporter
sunglasses, turf, lanyard, tools, shoe, almost my stand at daytona when the tide came in, limiting rope, and my side rail off my old sxr. Nothing serious, but losing my new pair of Bombers was a bummer. They float but were pretty much impossible to find in choppy water, especially since it took me a few minutes to realize they were gone.

scott motocross goggles with goggle mounted contour roam..they sink just a hair faster than you can duck dive in a 3/4mm full wetsuit, somewhere at the bottom of the lake is great footage of a guy in a wetsuit franticaly trying to reach his sinking cam.

adding insult to injury, i go back to the shop to replace cam, see a new waterproof case for the roam, ask the guy why do they have a case when the cam itself is waterproof..he says "this one floats"...in much the same tone as "this one goes to 11".. i slap my head with a homer simpson "doh" he asks, why where you thinking of doing some underwater work...to which i reply i wasnt but my cam decided to without asking me...thankfully he offered me 15% off the replacement cost..obviously i bought the floating waterproof case...and just to be sure it floated, first thing i did was chuck it in our fish tank when i got home,yep they float..woohooo!

Last edited:
sunglasses, turf, lanyard, tools, shoe, almost my stand at daytona when the tide came in, limiting rope, and my side rail off my old sxr. Nothing serious, but losing my new pair of Bombers was a bummer. They float but were pretty much impossible to find in choppy water, especially since it took me a few minutes to realize they were gone.

I know what you mean. I could just see mine then the next wave came and I never saw them again. I added a floating bright orange strap to mine. Now my glasses float more out of the water plus being able to see the bright orange floating strap helps alot too.

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
I know what you mean. I could just see mine then the next wave came and I never saw them again. I added a floating bright orange strap to mine. Now my glasses float more out of the water plus being able to see the bright orange floating strap helps alot too.
I see a lot if guys adding a lanyard tether from glasses to vest...

I lost a pair of prescription glasses on my third ride this year, and lost 3 pairs last year, all with floating straps, I might have to start wearing my helmet all the time, thats the only thing that holds them on.

2 pairs of sunglasses, a finned oceanpro plate for my 750, a storage tube cap and a fire extinguisher, registration card, and a lot of skin off of my hand thanks to catching the finger throttle while being pitched off. That was fun to swim back to the ski with :rocketwhore:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Wow! All I've lost so far is a little hydration when I jump off my ski and tread water for a pee break

Last year it was the wedding ring... Now it comes off before I ride

Top Bottom