Other what helmet is everyone wearing?

Frosty

New York Crew
running a 661 now, but it's time for a new helmet. after a recent shot to the eye, I'm considering a lacrosse helmet... but not sure.

I've been checking out Kali, Fly Racing and some of the Blowsion helmets...

wondering what everyone else is wearing... tell my why you like your helment? Comfy, light, price etc...

I use a Fly hemlet but wish it had a lacrosse style grill over the eyes... I have a Lacrosse helmet I can sell you for cheap if you want to try it. It wasn't for me. The strap on the chin felt weird. Maybe others mod theirs to go under their chin like a regular helmet. I also duct taped the ear holes

I tried on a few helmets at our local sport shop, and the best fit that I liked was the WRSI full face kayak helmet.
GLARD.jpg

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
gecko... love it.. helmet specifically designed for marine applications, inflatable bladder, lightweight, removable ear plugs, expensive but i like premium brands

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I wear HJC helmets to race my quad. When I retire a quad helmet, I start wearing it on my jet ski. I also pick up various off brands from flee markets and garage sales. Just clean well. Never worn anything but MX style on a ski before. I can see where the lacross would be cool for freeride.

switched to a cascade water rescue helmet a couple years ago and coudnt be happier....weighs 1lb wet or dry, floats, facecage, excellent peripheral vision and has a bladder system in it to optimize fit

only downside is it has ear vents......just tape em up

Attachments

• Helmets_Cascade_Wire_Face_Mask.jpg
    Helmets_Cascade_Wire_Face_Mask.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 45
dude I just got a 661 helmet mainly so I don't put another hole in my ear drum, and what do u know 1st time out doing some 180 nose stabs and bam freaking handle bar in my eye. Now I'm thinking about goggles, lol

Fro Diesel

creative control
Love my cascade. I have tried the bell from Walmart, and a old school jetx dot approved old race helmet. They are all pretty good, but light, face cage, floating takes the cake. I just need to figure out how to mount my gopro securely on it.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I tried on a few helmets at our local sport shop, and the best fit that I liked was the WRSI full face kayak helmet.
GLARD.jpg

I tried these on too but the face gaurd seems REALLY flimsy. I whitewater kayak as well and this would be great there but the force your dealing with on a ski would crush it I think.

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
giro remedy for 2 years and no issues. hear alot of good things on the 661 helmets. i know Bruceski on here wears em and never issues and he rides hard he just picked up 2 more.

someone posted a link on here to the 661 on sale cheap with in the past month and a lot of people grabbed them they were like $50 shipped

It is hard to beat a carbon 661 mountain bike helmet for comfort and having a no helmet on feel.....IDK about those face cages man...I would say the black eye/broken nose is a rare risk...but if you were gonna go that route...Idoks looks like the winner.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Guess I can send you mine, its orange but I am sure you can shoot a little customisation on it. May be a tight squeeze for ya though bro.
Now get off the X and your nutsack and build a Huck so I can try it in Daytona.

Oh then that's the one I'll grab..... Lmfao

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Frosty

New York Crew
great feedback guys... I picked up a Cascade CLH2 lacrosse helmet to try out. I still love my 661 (light and strong) - but I wanted to try something different.

maybe I should just stop flipping in knee deep water and remove the lawn dark risk... LOL who'd figure my first 25 would be perfect landings, but that damn 26th was the one.

Top Bottom