What impeller should i use.

I have a 750 bored 2mm 779cc (stock sxr bore or 2cc off) pretty much all mods have been done, but i am currently running a flogged pump..
I bought a skat 5 or 15 as some people call them as that was what was recommended, and after having a better think about it, it’s a low end impeller for a stock 650 well that’s for a 50hp boat, I would suggest I’m pulling 90ish so there really is no reason to have a impeller that is that low?

Anyway so I still have the 650 pump housing in it, although I could get my hand on a 750 housing if I thought it is a must and I have the glass extensions that are required which I chopped out my old ski...

What have people run, what works in the surf, yeh freeride/freestyle... cause i cannot imagine the skat 5 would be any good with a 750 engine.

A Skat 15 is on the low side of the spectrum but could be just right depending on your engine and nozzle diameter. For example, a 15 is great on a 650 with its stock 83mm nozzle regardless of modifications. It is also good for a high port 750sxi engine with a 76-83mm nozzle. If you have a low port cylinder and a limited pipe then you will need more prop load. These old props worked well once the ski was moving 15+mph but were not as good as newer ones at lower speeds. Try a Solas "I" prop with a 650 nozzle, this loads about like a 15.5 and makes more thrust out of the hole.

Last edited:
A Skat 15 is on the low side of the spectrum but could be just right depending on your engine and nozzle diameter. For example, a 15 is great on a 650 with its stock 83mm nozzle regardless of modifications. It is also good for a high port 750sxi engine with a 76-83mm nozzle. If you have a low port cylinder and a limited pipe then you will need more prop load. These old props worked well once the ski was moving 15+mph but were not as good as newer ones at lower speeds. Try a Solas "I" prop with a 650 nozzle, this loads about like a 15.5 and makes more thrust out of the hole.

what about moding an sxr prop to fit, how will that work on a ported 779 with the worx burger? will that still give me enough low end?

Any 750-800 prop will need some machining to fit right in a 650. A seadoo prop will fit but are hard to find in low pitch. If performance is important then get a modified 750 swirl or a Solas ka-sc-i.

Top Bottom