Custom/Hybrid What is my BOB worth?

I am wondering what my BON gen 2 is worth.

The hull is in good shape. To my knowledge mine is the only gen2 built with both Kawi and Yami motor mounts. Has a Yami pump. Xmetal pole and steering system.

I am currently running a SXR based motor built by Wade Chaplin. It has 82mm pistons, freestyle porting, Ada girdled head with 190 psi, factor wet pipe that is bored to match motor, dual 46mm buckshots, VForces 2 reeds, xmetal water box and analog total loss. Rass motor mounts and Kenny keepers. Kart tank and deka battery. 20 hours on motor. Motor hits hard, many Kawi haters have changed their mind after riding it.

Pump is a Solas 144 mag with 10/17 hooker prop, SBT wear ring and Xmetal trim.

I am thinking about selling the BOB and building my wife's square for me. So I can buy a flatsboat. Please let me know what you would think the market value is. I by no mean need to sell it fast or cheap. image.jpg

Ducky

Back in the game!
Post up some more pics, especially of the engine bay.

Im sure you will get a lot of different answers, depending on if someone is a fan of the BOBs or not, but I would say in the 7k-9k range...purely a guess.

Just took theses

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 98
its a buyers world right now. it wont sell unless you are giving it away. look at all the skis in the whole skis for sale section and all over every craigslist in the country. i think you would be lucky to get 7k for it.

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
I'm surprised no one gave the standard answer - It's worth as much as you can get out of it. I'd say make a list of the parts, and see what the individual parts sell for used, then add it all up. That's basically what a ski is worth, IMO. There is labor involved in building it, but there is also the "package deal" factor selling all those parts together...

you can build a ski with used part for a lot less than most sellers want for their complete boat. to build one cheap, you have to scour the world for deals and jump on them as soon as they come up. most of the time its better to lose money on something just to get money in your hand that you can move forward with. if you hold out for max dollar, you end up not selling , getting no money and being stuck with what you have and dont want. i sold that rickter for 8k and that freak for 15k. not as much as i wanted but they werent selling for more. luckily i didnt lose my ass and actually made money on those 2, but thats my job. if you are pouring a lot of money into a build, plan on losing your ass on it if you later want it gone.
^^Exactly what he said. People are looking for projects right now.

people are looking for deals/cheap always!

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I'd say make a list of the parts, and see what the individual parts sell for used, then add it all up. That's basically what a ski is worth, IMO. There is labor involved in building it, but there is also the "package deal" factor selling all those parts together...

This: Don't make a list of what you paid for the parts, but what you could sell them for individually, then price the ski just over that for the Package deal/RTR factor or you may want to sell it a little less so you don't have to deal with headache selling and shipping of ind. parts.

But it does seem like a Buyers market right now, everything is selling cheap.

Id agree 7-9k as a rough estimate.

Top Bottom