SXR What Is The Correct Plumbing For A Kawsaki SX-R 800 Factory Wet Pipe?

I purchased a Factory Wet Pipe for my Kawasaki SX-R 800 and installed it over the weekend. I followed Factory Pipes instructions perfectly until I got to the plumbing setup which got a little confusing. I then spoke to a pro who told me to use the setup pictured below. The reason I am doubting the current setup is because the bottom end has zero power when I try to do a tailspin.

Here is the way I setup the plumbing along with photos.

My Plumbing
  • Bulkhead => Exhaust Manifold
  • Bottom of the Headpipe => Large Straight Fitting in Head
  • Small 90 Fitting in Head => Pisser Stinger
  • Top of the Headpipe => Tee => Pisser Stinger

plumbing.jpg

I looked for other examples on the web and I seen all kinds of different setups, including the photos on the Blowsion website which I posted below.

Blowsion-02.jpg

Blowsion-01.jpg

Can anyone please tell me which plumbing is the best? If you have photos of your setup please post them. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• plumbing.jpg
    plumbing.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Blowsion-02.jpg
    Blowsion-02.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Blowsion-01.jpg
    Blowsion-01.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Put a 2.0 needle and seat in the carbs. Adjust the pipe to bottom 1/8, mid closed, top 1 turn. Ride it.
Just curious since I'm about to go through this myself. You don't advise rejetting to the specs FP recommends? Not trolling or anything, just want to know more.

I'm also a bit lost on the FP plumbing directions, a diagram or flow arrows on a picture would be really nice. I'm probably gonna set it up single pisser.

clouse22

BDB Kustomz
Site Supporter
NO NO....be sure to change the jets to FP settings! I was saying that I suggest adding the 2.0 needle and seat in addition to adjusting your carbs to FP settings.

Just curious since I'm about to go through this myself. You don't advise rejetting to the specs FP recommends? Not trolling or anything, just want to know more.

I'm also a bit lost on the FP plumbing directions, a diagram or flow arrows on a picture would be really nice. I'm probably gonna set it up single pisser.

I would suggest no following the Factory Pipe settings. Add a second pisser for sure to speed the water flow through your head. Also bore out the 90 degree T on the pump instead of replacing it with a 1/2 inch like the instructions state.

I'm still waiting on feedback in regards to the correct plumbing setup.

swannysxr

Site Supporter
Okay, start with adding dual cooling. The SXR has the tube already there, remove pump and drill and tap for 45 degree fitting. Use that water inlet for the fitting in the bottom of headpipe. That's what you are seeing in Blowsions pic. Screws on pipe are a different story, it's a matter of preference. I run mine bottom and middle closed, and top 1/8 turn out. RE read factory pipes tuning hints page. oh and stock needle and seat in those carbs are 1.5, and should be fine. I ran factory pipes jetting for 5 years, ran perfect. But after having cylinder ported, too rich. went to 75L 145H 1.5 N/S, very reliable power.You can also add a flow conrol valve at the chamber to increase low end.Picture 118.jpg1114091616.jpg

I would suggest no following the Factory Pipe settings. Add a second pisser for sure to speed the water flow through your head. Also bore out the 90 degree T on the pump instead of replacing it with a 1/2 inch like the instructions state.

I'm still waiting on feedback in regards to the correct plumbing setup.

Why would you bore out the stock 90 degree fitting vs putting the one that factory pipe gives you? you would never bore out the stock one as big as the 1/2" one??
Also ive been running the factory pipe setup for 3 years and no issues at all, im not saying that dual cooling wouldnt be better but im just saying i know that factory pipe setup work just fine. that being said im doing dual cooling this winter so next summer i will see if its better

Why would you bore out the stock 90 degree fitting vs putting the one that factory pipe gives you? you would never bore out the stock one as big as the 1/2" one??
Also ive been running the factory pipe setup for 3 years and no issues at all, im not saying that dual cooling wouldnt be better but im just saying i know that factory pipe setup work just fine. that being said im doing dual cooling this winter so next summer i will see if its better

I bought the pipe used so I had to make due with the parts I had.

Top Bottom