what is this superjet worth??

The seller is asking 4500. It looks super clean from the photos. Im looking to upgrade from my 650sx. any help would be appreciated.

I'm selling my 96 Yamaha Superjet RoundNose 701cc. My main focus on this build was for reliability. It runs great and never has trouble starting. The engine is healthy and fires up like a match every time. The ski has never been in salt water. It was painted a custom Lamborghini Orange Pearl Paint that changes from a Bright construction cone orange to a Candy metallic orange pearl depending on which angle you are looking at it from. The ski has brand new hydro turf, custom orange pearl power coating etc.. My ski is turn-key, water ready, just gas and go, Current Tags Paid to 2015. Lots of power and excellent snappy low-end torque.

New Hydro Turf (Padded)
Billet UMI Quick Turn Plate
Billet UMI Gas Cap (Powder Coated)
Billet UMI Trigger Finger Throttle (Powder Coated)
Billet Triton Engineering Head (180 psi)
Carbon Fiber Chin Pad (Hydro Turfed)
Coffman B-Pipe Full Exhaust System (Powder Coated)
Hot Products Handle Bars
New ODI Grips w/ Billet Endcaps
WORX Finned Ride Plate
WORX Intake Grate
Skat Track Impeller
Ski Clinic Foot Holds (Turfed and padded)

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
Is it waterlogged? What part of Oregon? Surf or no surf? RN's are way up on price in the NW...

550/440

The foam can get waterlogged and the ski will be heavier than it was new - they ride heavy and not like they "should". Put it in the water, if it sits down in the rear (bond line below the water) it is most likely waterlogged. This ski should sit a little cockeyed - piped skis are usually lighter on the side with the pipe vs. stock pipe skis - but not by much.

550/440

$4500 is a good starting point for a ski with those mods and in good condition. I'd look it over in person - check for repairs to the fiberglass, etc. You can find them for less, but they are few and far between. I picked up a very clean 650 SN for $100 the other day (yes, $100, with a pipe, prop and toploader).

Depends what you want, if you want a stock ski to just ride and not do any upgrades then the 14 for $6500 could make sense. If your going to mode it then Your overpaying, Your better off paying $4500 to $4700 range for an already modified one that's mechanically sound and you'll be thousands of dollars ahead.

Top Bottom