what kinda paint for rideplate?

i bought a riva groovy rideplate, and when i got it, it was bright yellow. i tried to paint it with some waterproof latex paint i got from ACE. i did like three layers. That stuff came off as soon as anything touched it. so my buddy gave me some other paint that is supposed to be marine grade and not come off. it seemed to work pretty well until i got back from the first ride and noticed that it was all yellow again. what kinda paint should i use to paint this thing. the yellow doesnst come off at all and you can tell it used to be silver. so whatever the person used to paint it yellow is what i should get. BTW i am trying to paint it black

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by stanton
send it to me to get powdercoated!

how long would it take to get it back, and how much does that cost.

ya its prolly some kind of coating cause i tried to scrape the yellow off and it barly comes off. like maybe a little bit but it would take alot to get it all off.

if i painted in rustoleum would that stay on?

stanton

High on jetskis.
couple weeks and 40$ i will strip, prep and recoat it. you can try paint, but youll need to prep the surface with sandpaper and clean it with alcohol before painting.

if you get it sandblasted first, before you paint it torch it so its hot, and then paint it with rustoleum engine enamel that stuff will not come off. sandblasting a ride plate should cost less than $10

sweet thanx for the advice.. im gonna get it pwdercoated, but not till the end of the season. for now i can deal. i just finished my build and had it on the water for the first time. dont wanna miss anymore ridin.

thanx again

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Ya rattle can paint over enamel or powder coat is a waste of money.. It has to be prepped right to last.. Stanton's powdercoat would be the ticket.... I paint my stuff after every ride.. WFO on water removes paint.. FYI... hahaha

Last edited:
Top Bottom