what not to do........

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
nice pics... thats what im talking about.... chill guys i was just telling a funny story.....hmmmh can you say dick.... i guess nothing like that has ever happened to you... you funny man

yeah, I have been hassled but talked my way out of tickets:headbang:
actually the pics of the no wake zone buoy were a set up.
it had come loose from a swim area up on the lake
and was floating mid channel when we took those pics
things are not always what they appear :bigok:

haha you got that right.... well i just chalked it up as another lesson learned lol.... the other lesson i learned was never to post another thread like this again or people will try to make you feel like a idiot

Big Kahuna

Administrator
We have all used bouys as race bouys, but if you get caught, dont bitch when you get a ticket. Me a buddy were racing around 2 bouys few years back, I stopped, Few minutes later the Marine Police (Guy we cut up with all the time - he was cool), came walking down the hill, Chris was still turning bouys. He was nailed, $500.00. But he deserved it. Think the Cop even looked at me and said "You were probably doing it to, but I did not see it".

Oh, if you are gonna ride with low gas, stay close to the bank. If your riding alone and doing freestyle, stay close incase you get injured.

good thinking never thought about staying close to shore while tyring stuff, i actually ran out on the way in, not in the middle of riding soo my judgment wasnt that far off....like i said lesson learned... and actually that was just the icing on the cake, wasnt really complaining about the dnr i know i was wrong and got caught more so of the swimming in haha... why i said always fill tank to the tippy top... i still need to get some of those fpp screws from you the oversized ill pm when i need them ive got this sn build going on right now and dont have time

Waternut

Customizing addict
He was nailed, $500.00. But he deserved it. Think the Cop even looked at me and said "You were probably doing it to, but I did not see it".

Ouch!!! I think a ticket is deserved but even I think $500 is a bit excessive.

btw - How are you guys running so cleanly all the way up to the point of having no gas. My ski will start hesitating when I nail it and the gas is low. At first it will feel like I hit the wake wrong or I'm cavitating but then it's more noticeable when I jump a wave and instead of getting launched backwards, I jam myself in the chest with the pole. When that happens, I know I only have about 3-4 more minutes of careful riding time so I go straight in....or flip it to reserve.

Last edited:
yeah thats why i flipped to reserve early...when it gets below half the tank sucks air from gas splash, especailly in chop...yeah man i hate the pole to the chest and its a huge bummer whenyou get up to the wake and it sucks a big gulp of air and almost stops right before the wake and you pretty much roll righ over the bars..... lol its got to be hilarious for other boats

ger87410

How did I get here?
I always head back right when I hit reserve. Well, almost always. :biggrin:

U may wanna check your fuel pickup. My SN behave just like JFW described as well.

If you're getting air in the fuel line before the tank is close to empty, I bet you got something wrong.

btw - How are you guys running so cleanly all the way up to the point of having no gas. My ski will start hesitating when I nail it and the gas is low. At first it will feel like I hit the wake wrong or I'm cavitating but then it's more noticeable when I jump a wave and instead of getting launched backwards, I jam myself in the chest with the pole. When that happens, I know I only have about 3-4 more minutes of careful riding time so I go straight in....or flip it to reserve.[/QUOTE]

I second that. even just after i flip it to reserve it still does that. almost like someone should make a tank with a honey comb setup inside so the gas wont slosh around as much. (side to side) and stay towards the bottom of the tank.

Top Bottom