What oil do you guys run in your Sxr?

Dega

Mike
Hey guys i know this has been asked a few times but i just want to know what the Sxr guys are running, I just got a used 08 and just wondering what oil to use with mine and if i should use the sticker 60:1 ratio or do the 50:1 everyone talks about.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I'm always did ~45:1 with Kawi oil in mine, but you will get a ton of different feedback on oils. 14oz per 5 gals. There all good till your crank comes out the side!
Oils we are currently running in our group, or have ran:
Amsoil
Klotz
Maxima
Blenzoil
Quicksilver
Yamaha
Kawasaki

I run Amsoil Interceptor 44:1 on my SXR. I have the engine apart right now after 200 or so hours of riding. She is nice and perdy on the inside:cool:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
amsoil dominator and klotz r-50 16.5 per 6 gal. no smoke and lots of lube. I don't know how people get away with cheap oil. Everyone I know that has ran it has blown motors soon after.

One of the best builders out there says to use quicksilver and it is cheap.

Most 2 stroke oils are not going to cause your motor to blow. Usually it is the rider/tuner that will cause their motor to blow.

Mr. SeXieR

Carry a gun,cops R2 heavy
Amsoil I interceptor 45-60:1, likes the richer side! Bad thing is its yellow so pre-mix is hard to tell if stored, Im sure Ive accidentally doubled up a time or two making it smoke but no harm no foul, more is better!

our gang is about to invest in a 55 gallon drum of amsoil interceptor for the skis in the summer and sleds in the winter. we all run our sxrs 50:1

diesel

Top Bottom