Other What oil do you use and why?

High Speed Industries

Your one stop shop for quality parts @highspeedind
Like the title says. I want to see what everyone is running and maybe give me a reason why you run it. I'm sure we will get some funny answers.
This year I switched to walmart oil which is $12 a gallon. I wanted to see if oil really made a difference, so far the only difference I can tell is the smell of it when it burns. Ski still makes good compression and it didn't blow up yet. I used to run maxima K2 but it felt like a waste of money. Speaking of money now that I have parted out a few skis I have drained the oil tanks on them and burnt that oil. I can't complain about free oil, you just need to make sure there isn't any water in it.

For those of you who didn't feel like reading that here is the oii I use and why I use it.
Walmart oil - Because it's cheap $12/gal
Oil from skis I parted out - because it's free

So what do you run and why did you choose it?

samsmith87

Site Supporter
From what i have heard from a friend. Is that his uncle who works for one of the companies that sells high performance oils (i.e redline) i forget the exact one. Was told from their testing supertech aka walmart 2 stroke oil was the best oil for non powervalve motors.

Since then i have been running it. Works good, smells good, looks good.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
From what i have heard from a friend. Is that his uncle who works for one of the companies that sells high performance oils (i.e redline) i forget the exact one. Was told from their testing supertech aka walmart 2 stroke oil was the best oil for non powervalve motors.

Since then i have been running it. Works good, smells good, looks good.

Wow, I'd like to see some data to back that up. Probably never will though because the companies that run the testing are the ones that are trying to sell the expensive stuff. I run the walmart stuff myself but I've always been skeptical. It just looks thinner compared to most brand name oils. Almost water-like consistency. Plus, how do you ever know if your oil is what lead to one failure or another? You can't truly know how much longer a crank bearing would of lasted if you were running the expensive stuff. Even if you got say 100 more tanks out of a motor before a failure, is that actually worth it? Think about how much money it costed you in oil over the life of that motor compared to the price of just rebuilding it sooner.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
I run Walmart stuff in the SN, B1 and my wife's couch. Pennzoil full synthetic for my RN and my boat. My boat smokes like a mutha(it's a 2-stroke as well) with the walmart crap and it's annoying on slow booze cruises. The Pennzoil burns much cleaner, as far as smoke levels go.

Klotz Super Techniplate for me, only because I get a kick ass deal on it.

Amsoil Interceptor in my moto bike (powervalve motors) I have tore these down alot and I can say that is the cleanest burning oil for powervalves

Maxima 927 because I believe it is one of the very best 2 stroke oils on the market. I buy it by the 5 gallon bucket and we use it in all my son's race bikes and anything 2 stroke.

i use lucas synthetic. really not sure why other than the fact that i always seem to be near an o'reillys.its abiout 8 bucks a quart. tastes pretty good too.

superjetguy

It's hard to speak without a tongue.
Me and NorCalcasey are diehard shell oil users cause it's cheap! And it's not like both of our skis blew up recently either! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom