what size die do i need to clean up threads

ox,if the prop fits then the die will as well:bad3:
don't know the size but it's going to be hard to find one with left threads.

Last edited:
I was going to take it to a machine shop as well as the old prop , i do not want to spend the money on the tap and die as it would kill me.I thought if I could find the size I needed I could call around first, the alternative on the driveshaft would be to grind the first 5-6 threads off

crammit442

makin' legs
thanks, did you happen to see what size it is

You just match the pitch to the correct side of the thread file(it has 8 different metric thread pitches). If you have a pitch gauge it's easier, but you'll see once you have the file in your hand. It'll make sense.:biggthumpup:

Those may be handy, but a neither has a die big enough to use on a driveshaft. A die the correct size for a shaft will cost more than the entire sets you listed.

Yes, but they come with the thread file needed... having a somewhat complete set of T&D and 2 files for $50 is better than one for $15. Plus I'm sure he'll get it quicker than waiting on Watcon to come back from WFs. :bigok:

crammit442

makin' legs
Yes, but they come with the thread file needed... having a somewhat complete set of T&D and 2 files for $50 is better than one for $15. Plus I'm sure he'll get it quicker than waiting on Watcon to come back from WFs. :bigok:

Oops.......I didn't see that they included the files also.....:doh:

Top Bottom