What Stand Up riding means 2u?

I have done a lot of things in life and it seems to me a lot of people like me have landed here and will finish out their lives in this sport. I grew up skateboarding vert ( all most pro ) motoX, jet skiing, surfing or any other thing that was an adrenaline high. It seems most in this sport are mid aged ( I am 43 ) and all follow the same mold. It seems to me this is a sport for those of us who will never GrowUp and will never admit we are to old to have fun! We all seem to be a little ( maybe a lot ) on the burned out side lol! Guess what I am saying is this will be the last Extreme Sport I will ever be able to do. I thought about sky diving and getting me a squirrel suit but my life insurance policy would not cover me so for my family's sake I nixed that idea.

Anyways IMO this is a sport in the most part for people seeking fun. There is no need to make people want to do this sport ( unless you sell parts ) it is something you should find on your quest of having fun. We are a rare bunch and most of Society would not understand a grow man doing back flips on a jet ski ! Glad to be a part of this Community now and forever.

Ocho

Did I really just write all this?

GHMOMS
OAENYO
DVR U
EC L
Y

Last edited:
Nice Ocho! Pretty much in the same boat. Im 41 and feel like age is creeping fast. Ive been thru about every toy i could have. I love just riding anything and im a mechanical nut at that. Its funny everytime i talk or tell someone this is one of the most fun things ive ridden they seem to look at me like im crazy.

Im in Indiana so standups arent all that common however every one wants to try it. I love this sport and it will be my last hurrah until the vette shows up in the garage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike W

Infidel
I got into this sport very early and got the bug but had a long break due to life and raising a family. Got back in the sport in 2003 at 33 and this will be something I will do until I am too old to do so. So far my knees and back are holding up but after 20+ years in the military jumping out of airplanes it's catching up to me. I ride with an old retired Navy guy in his upper 50's when he shows up at the lake and I can tell he enjoys the sport and will ride until he can no longer do so. So that gives me hope that I can as well for many more years.

I bought my ski from a guy i work with thats getting ready to retire at 63. He hadnt ridden it in a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom