What the hell!!!!!

Ok so a have a 90 sn superjet. It has a 61x in it all done up. It will run great one day and rip your arms off. The next day it will run like :):):):). The next day it just wont start. I check for spark and there is none, but when you let off the botton it will sprark for 1 sec. I have put in a working stater. I also tested the old one. It is fine. I took a e box out of my other ski and it did not work. That is when the new stater went in. I cleaned out the start stop switch and no luck. I have taken the white and black wire apart by the ebock and tried that no luck. I am going nuts on this one. If any one can help me out that would be great. I have the money to fix it. I just can not find the prob!!!!!!:dunce:

So if you can throw me a bone :hitwithrock:that would be great!!

Dragonfly

X-2 freak
I had that problem and found that the A/M flywheel I had on had weak magnets!!!
so when the batt got just a little low it wasn't making good spark while the starter was running. as soon as I let off the starter it would make good spark for a split sec.

I tested the stator it was good. I put the other stater on just to try it.

I am running the msd cdi. I know they go bad, but I put a hole new Ebox with stock cdi on it from my working ski. I had no luck with that.

I will try to change the flywheel to. I have 2 skis. One has a bad motor ha ha. It is just my kind of luck (bad) ha ha....

Thanks for all the help on this.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
did you do a full box switch?

Did you use the plugs from the start stop switch that come out of the box? I had this happen a few years back, chased my tail like you. one of the wires going through the grommet was broken.

I would check the plug wires, friend of mine just had that problem and just before ripping the motor out we changed the wires and ran amazing. Good luck.

Well thanks for the list of things to do. I did change the hole box. It did not work.

If I unhook the white and black wire it should start and run just not turn off right. So if it were the switch it would work right.

I dont know what you mean by the red and brown. What will that do? I would like to know before I try it. Thanks for all the help this is great. I have time to work on it friday. I hope all goes well. I may get out there tonight!

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
i had the same symptoms for the longest time on my SN. i was chasing ghosts, replacing everything without any difference. till finally i replaced the start/stop switch and it ran like a champ everytime. those switches can make the ski act really bizarre when they are starting to go out.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
The red coming out of the box is 12v power from the fuse, the brown is the positive in going to the starter relay, so when you short them together (at the plug coming out of the e-box) your activating the solenoid just like pushing the start button.

Ok so I tryed the wire trick that is a no go. I repalced tha cdi and bingo. Well for one min ha ha.. then it was up to the old tricks. It back fired and blow the hell out of the water box. So now I need one of them. I took one off of the oter ski that I have with a blown motor. Ya I have 2 skis that dont work aaahhhhhh. I still need to try the fly wheel thing.

junkyardj

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
so when the batt got just a little low it wasn't making good spark while the starter was running. as soon as I let off the starter it would make good spark for a split sec.

this could be starter needs a good clean so too much juice is going there and once you let off it'll spark or you need a new battery..does it spark when you pull the plugs out of the motor? did you try another battery? somethimes a bad coil will work till it worms up and then it'll show resistance, this might be why its intermitant.. this can be alot of different things best of luck to you

I put the battery charger on it and it still does the same thing. I also pull the plugs to check if there is spark. It runs now but it cuts in and out. hot or coold.

Top Bottom