Freestyle What to get next for my 650 sn?

I already got a Water box, factory b pipe and a freestyle pump cone on my otherwise stock 650.
I have about a 1000 to spend and was wondering what to get next to try to make a decent freestyle ski. Im already planning on a prop but don't know what pitch to get. Any help is appreciated.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
cheapest route is to find an old vxr pro or raider or blaster for cheap
and rob the motor and ebox

do you have footholds yet? How about quicksteer mod? shorten the stock pole? you will notice a bigger difference with those three than with more power

baxt3r

BBQ
do you have footholds yet? How about quicksteer mod? shorten the stock pole? you will notice a bigger difference with those three than with more power

I am going to have to disagree with you there. I went from a 650 to a 701 not all that long ago and the difference in power was much bigger than I thought it would be. Id get the motor and holds.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Bigger engine and proper prop would be a big upgrade.

I'd also look at these upgrades:
Pole limiter
steering/ bars
footholds and turf
AC pole
Bilge pump
CarterB nose rocker kit (if you want a big project that requires fiberglass and paint)
intake grate and aluminum pump shoe

I am going to have to disagree with you there. I went from a 650 to a 701 not all that long ago and the difference in power was much bigger than I thought it would be. Id get the motor and holds.

I agree with you that the power change is huge all around. The reason I think handling makes the difference is when doing tricks. I was barely able to do nose stabs and power360s before footholds and quicksteer. By jumping off of a wake or wave you can get big enough air with a 650, however it is still very difficult to pull off tricks without footholds.

Since the quicksteer mod is free, I would say footholds and quicksteer, then 701, then shorten pole.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

baxt3r

BBQ
My experience also considers my weight. I weigh about 240 now and was slightly higher when I had my 650 SN. I felt like I could jump a riding mower higher than the 650. On the701, even in 100% stock form, I was going much bigger and felt like I had much more control over the ski.

If it was me, I would go with the motor and quick steer first, then worry about the footholds a little later. There is plenty of time until the riding season, so he might be able to get it all done in time.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
when you realize a 650 is really 633 cc
while a 701 is a true 701 cc
10% additional displacement is huge in a motor this size!

Just spend as much money on the ski as you can until you lose interest in it next year. That is all everyone else does.

Top Bottom