What tricks can you do?

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
i can fall off my ski while flailing my arms and legs, land in the water to only come up and watch my ski tumble back to shore :(

In surf i can do no handers,
nose stabs,
attemted barrel role on a 650 sx (big time failure)
no footers,
and attempted running mans.
Flat water,
Nose stabs,
subs,
and carvin turns :)

I have tried to drag my A$$ but i can not seem to pull out of it i just sit there doing circles until i let off :) lol

XFT LOU

1 hp./1.83lbs
I have one of those mod ski. My trick is finding the shortest distance to the emergency room. The mth I got(may '07) it recovering from a hernia. Late June twisted my back. Late Aug. stitches in scalp no helmet since my back was still to sore. Spring '08 stitchs.Then Aug.
broken shoulder and stitches.Went to Waverave and rode on my knees I rode w
/ superjett late Sept. in such pain could even do a hood trick. So I'm back to zero for '09.

See my response on pwctoday.

Or I'll copy/paste:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miweeg
Thanks for sharing. i posted a similar thread over there (x-h2o) asking what tricks people can do and so far it's getting mocked. driking while riding . . . . oh, okay.

The thread you started was so general that there is not much point in listing the tricks.

My list would be really long, as well as others', and most people don't brag about tricks they can do, they just go ride. Then you have the surf-only guys that think flatwater tricks are stupid. Then you have the guys that have really nice modded skis but don't do any actual tricks when they ride or maybe only a couple. Then you have the pro guys that can do just about anything so there's not much point in listing them all.

Questions that are too general typically don't get a great response on any site, no matter what sport/hobby/etc you're in.

well, i thought it was a pretty simple and straight-forward question. is it bragging when people list what mods they have? or is it bragging when people post pics of their nicely customized painted skis? is it bragging when people show pics of modded or customized skis? is it bragging when people share thier builds? i guess all the youtube clips are also viewed as bragging too. i don't get how listing what tricks you can do is any different from reviling anything else about your ski or riding.

the reason i asked the question was to try to get a feel for what tricks are able to commonly be done by people on this site. and get try to figure out what goals or expectations i should have for myself as a beginner to freestyling. for example, if i have hopes of being able to do flat water barrel rolls i'd like to know what kind of engine mods or upgrades i'd probably have to do. and if those mods are beyond what i'm willing to do, then i won't have to worry about trying to pull of something that is unrealistic for my ski.

listen, i get that a number of people will look at the question and roll their eyes because it's such a novice/freshman/rookie/newbie question, but i've never learned anything from not asking a question.

thanks.

Last edited:

grasshopper

Wax on Wax off.....
A few more times in the surf on the x2 and i will be ready to try out some tricks. Dunno which ones yet but ill figure that out in the air....

Sospikey

Trying to get upside down
The stuff I managed to learn this far (and have had the balls to learn) are:
Fountain
Hood riding
Turn sub
Tail stand
Sub
Sub 180 ( come up at the same place where you went in)
Jump sub
Inverted sub
Nose stab
Failed BR (half way around)

Will try to nail the BR (on flat) and at least try a BF if I get the waves for it.

On my X2 I like draging my knees into the turns as well. I can tail stand that thing all day long. Stabing and subs are pretty easy by now. Haven't tried any hood trick yet, need a better bilge pump for that...
:veryhappy:

The stuff I managed to learn this far (and have had the balls to learn) are:
Fountain
Hood riding
Turn sub
Tail stand
Sub
Sub 180 ( come up at the same place where you went in)
Jump sub
Inverted sub
Nose stab
Failed BR (half way around)

Will try to nail the BR (on flat) and at least try a BF if I get the waves for it.

On my X2 I like draging my knees into the turns as well. I can tail stand that thing all day long. Stabing and subs are pretty easy by now. Haven't tried any hood trick yet, need a better bilge pump for that...
:veryhappy:

Hey SOSPIKEY is your x2 stock? Looks like a good variety of tricks!

kraqus

Site Supporter
I have been riding standups for a year and a half to this date. Tricks? I am good enough now that I don't fall when Jumping BIG wake...or at least not as often as I used to. I can also cut pretty sharp and do a 180.
I am practicing Nose stabs right now and I don't care if I brake my neck but I will someday Flip my b*tch....that is the discipline.

Da Rookie.

whats a trick?

On my 550 all i do is jump wake and break loose. I love sliding that thing around. Also i have done a couple turn subs, and i can get real close to a 180 tail stand but im so light weight it doesnt last too long.

I havent swam for my ski much lately, but i do fall quite professionally!

Ive also mastered the "sit in the water for five minutes wondering why my ski wont go at WOT"

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I'm amazed so many people can ride WOT in a straight line. I can only run WOT for about 3 sec before I fall to one side. Usually just long enough to get to top speed, only to ragdoll across the water.

Here is my impression of The Greatest American Hero. Some of you have no idea who that is.

The trick involves a lot of flailing.

Attachments

• 090%7E1.jpg
    090%7E1.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 52

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
I just like having fun and getting on the water!!!
That is the best trick of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thewave:

spork

down with the sickness
Perfectly suited name for pictured stunt! I miss that show :sadwavey:

I wish i could do half of what the majority of riders can do at the "x".

This is like my fourth year and i still suck! That's why i keep my kawi cause everybody says you can't freestyle on a kawi so it gives me an excuse instead of them knowing it's operator error.

I'm amazed so many people can ride WOT in a straight line. I can only run WOT for about 3 sec before I fall to one side. Usually just long enough to get to top speed, only to ragdoll across the water.

Here is my impression of The Greatest American Hero. Some of you have no idea who that is.

The trick involves a lot of flailing.

dave787

Couches are boring
Fountains
Subs
Turn sub
Tail stand
Power 360
Nose stabs
Sliding around
Carving turns

Flat water. No boats with cabins or bathrooms allowed on the lake so havn't gotten to try jumping off a decently huge wake yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom