What waterbox is this?

is a cult

one with crutches
any info on this water box would be great.

!BWeVD!Q!2k~$(KGrHgoOKiYEjlLmep38BK(l!PzHRg~~_1.JPG

who makes it?
any good?
loud?
direct fit?

No idea, but I can promise you it will be LOUD!
Don't bother using it unless you want to annoy everyone in a 10 mile radius.
Use stock or fit a GP760 waterbox in the left rear & run the exhaust out the right rear transom.
Works especially well with a hi-mod motor

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Looks like a modded 550 Jetcraft Turbomuff. If it is then its only 1.5" I.d. They aren't loud, they work really well with a deep mellow tone.
Posted via Mobile Device

is a cult

one with crutches
Looks like a modded 550 Jetcraft Turbomuff. If it is then its only 1.5" I.d. They aren't loud, they work really well with a deep mellow tone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Superjett
the guy i bought it from said it wasnt too loud and was throaty/deep.
i hope its what you think it is...ive heard good things.

my blaster seems to be collection relics :dead1:

SuperJETT

Now that I'm not on my Blackberry and can get a better look, I think that's definitely a Jetcraft but one of the Sea-Doo models from the tight angle plus the mounting hoops.

It should work well if you can get it to match up.

On the same vane, I just replaced my waterbox with a riva, it gave me a better throttle response and quicker acceleratoin didnt feel any really top end speed. What was perplexing to me was the existing waterbox had water in it. I dont think I understand the point of a waterbox, but this seemed wrong. Can someone please explain.

Sorry if this is obvious its not for me.

There are a lot of people that just think the waterbox is a muffler. I am not sure but I had heard and it makes sense that the water box is made to fill up with water when at low RPM so there is more back pressure on the exhaust making more low end power and then at WOT it is an open exhaust.

I know that a ski without a water box will flat scream. No back pressure and no muffler.. But you will get ran off the lake...LOL I had some fisherman chase me down and tell me that they will take the ski away from me and sink it if I bring it back to the lake. Maybe i shouldn't have been riding during that fushing tournament...LOL

SuperJETT

Make sure you installed it with the exhaust flow in the right direction. The flutes inside should deflect the exhaust/water back into the center, not out into the outer chamber.

Glad you like it, now just if some person/company would start making a design like this again.....

Make sure you installed it with the exhaust flow in the right direction. The flutes inside should deflect the exhaust/water back into the center, not out into the outer chamber.

Glad you like it, now just if some person/company would start making a design like this again.....

I tried one of those years ago in (mid 90's) in my first B1. Ran like crap...maybe I had it installed backwards?!

is a cult

one with crutches
this is the exhaust "in" side ( i would asume )
IMG_07431.jpg

its kinda hard to see but the flutes are open on this side so the exhaust is directed to the resonator....like a cars exhaust
edit: i just realized this is the oposite of what superjett and now im conserned. can you explain why its backwards?

thats how i have it now and it sounds good, runs great. should i tune my carb for this at all?

Last edited:

SuperJETT

That's the wrong way. The correct way, water/exhaust is deflected back into the stream and really muffles the sound well without hurting performance.

is a cult

one with crutches
That's the wrong way. The correct way, water/exhaust is deflected back into the stream and really muffles the sound well without hurting performance.

wierd, so its the oposite of how a resinator works. now idk how the hell im gonna get this mother to fit/installed. maybe cut off the loops.

is a cult

one with crutches
Don't know why I doubted you superjett, installed it the othe way and now it's even deeper tone, I just had to cut the end off some to get it to fit. The loops kinda fit with the hull.
Thanks!

Top Bottom