300/440/550 what would make a js300........

Jetpilot106

Kickin it old skool
just die in the water?my buddy was riding it. And all the sudden it just starts running like crap and. just dies he can't get it started again.so I check the plug and it all the sudden had no spark.it looked kinda crappy so I put a new one and still the same thing.I have already replaced the stator once.but I'm assuming its gotta either bethat stator again or a coil or maybe the trigger? Any help would be awesome

Jetpilot106

Kickin it old skool
I have check compression it is good,the starter turns over like it should.i have no spark at all not even a pop.i tryed to different brand new b8es ngk plugs.i can remember the last time the stator went out the damn thing at least popped.i cant get anything out of it.

Jetpilot106

Kickin it old skool
Well I opened the ebox nothing really looked off the wall.no moisture or anything.my boot that went on the plug side looked kinda :):):):)ty.couldn't really see the metal inside.but I checked with a ohm meter and power coming through it.I guess I'm just gonna have to pull off the stator again like last time and see if the magnets came off again

Correct plug is a BR7ES. You can test the stator before pulling it all apart to see if somethings wrong. Ohm out black & red wires, see if your getting continuity.

D-Roc

I forgot!
ta4aguny.jpg

The smaller gear set is two parts pressed onto the centre dowel. They tend to fail and spin freely not cranking the motor even though it sounds like it. Welding it works but makes a mess of things. I am going to try and drill through mine and pin it.

Sent from my iSpud using Tapatalk

D-Roc

I forgot!
I managed to bore thru the two gears using a carbide concrete bit. It was tough to get the bit started on each gear but I eventually figured out how to do it. This fixed it and no slipping on the centre dowel.
hema6ere.jpg
una5e5uz.jpg

Sent from my iSpud using Tapatalk

Top Bottom