Can someone with some expertise help me out

Also its a stock ski only in salt water once . clean engine

$700.00

is this a good deal??

Attachments

• 3kd3o93pa5Y15T25W4a5j46ed95bef55f10b3.jpg
    3kd3o93pa5Y15T25W4a5j46ed95bef55f10b3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 62
It needs to have all the aftermarket goodies before it would be a good deal assuming that it needs a lot of maintenance, like all old skis do. A PERFECT stock 91-93 would be worth $700 to me.

Its all about the surf!
Kawasaki didn't make a 650SX in 1996, and thats definately a Kawi 650. Like previously mentioned the last two numbers on the vin is the year, its problably a 86 or 87. Either way thats a very obsolite ski and resale for a 24 year old ski is more like $400 if it runs. I'm sure you'll hear this a hundred times on here but it would be better to save a little extra cash and pick up a square nose super jet, which range from $1000-1300.

ger87410

How did I get here?
Standups are that cheap there??

I'm going to CA for my next ride. Standups here in NM start out at $1k for a 550 and go up from there.

vjhardcore

Ride It Like Ya Stole IT!
I sold my 89 650SX with head/impellar/ride plate/pipe 3-4 yrs ago for $2500 with trailer and it was kinda rough. But thats Canada eh? Theres few if any stand ups available up here. $700 for a clean one? Sold I'd take it.

I miss my SX it was so much easier to ride. But thats a topic thats already been discussed.

Last edited:

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
I thought the older 650 colors were in red, the blue color came out 89+???
90+ i think had rear exhaust, my 91's had rear exhaust and so did one of the 92's (which i think was just left over from 91) i dont believe they were manufactured in 92, just what was left over, but not 100% certain on that
blurry picture for me, but looks ok for the $$ if its super clean and well taken care of

i miss my old 650sx

ger87410

How did I get here?
If the exhaust is on the left, my bet is early 80s. If on the right, my bet is late 80s. If at the rear, my bet is early 90s.

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
If the exhaust is on the left, my bet is early 80s. If on the right, my bet is late 80s. If at the rear, my bet is early 90s.

Is that true? would be interesting to see
I don't recall any right side front exhaust from the factory, at least not what i have seen
I know her old 89 was left front
any of the 90's up were right rear outlet

i just remember colored graphics and handlepoles (from what i can recall)

I'll tell you what.... what fond jetskiing memories i have when we all used to go out. One of the guys didn't have a waterbox and was side exhaust too..... OMG you would hear him miles away. it was someone's race ski back in the day, and 87 with red pole if my old memory serves me right.. used to be almost 20 of us going out together.... i had the strongest ski at the time :)

ger87410

How did I get here?
Is that true? would be interesting to see
I don't recall any right side front exhaust from the factory, at least not what i have seen
I know her old 89 was left front
any of the 90's up were right rear outlet

i just remember colored graphics and handlepoles (from what i can recall)

I'll tell you what.... what fond jetskiing memories i have when we all used to go out. One of the guys didn't have a waterbox and was side exhaust too..... OMG you would hear him miles away. it was someone's race ski back in the day, and 87 with red pole if my old memory serves me right.. used to be almost 20 of us going out together.... i had the strongest ski at the time :)

I was going off a combination of information from the 550 and 550sx, assuming it might not be an sx.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JS550sx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JS550

Top Bottom