Other Whats better - tight pole, or pole spring

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
I have always been a spring guy myself, but am contemplating running a tight(er) pole and skipping the spring on my Rickter build.

Whats better and why?

i hate a really tight pole, but this is a loaded question. its all preference imo. like asking what shoes or holds are better.
if you can just like a hull, try before you commit if you can.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
I run both, same setup on the XFS i built. Run a stock modified spring to bump up the tension and tighten the bolt slightly, this way the pole stays where you put it, easy to move and no weight on your back.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
I also run a rock solid tight pole. I'm the same way as speedy, my back will not last but a few minutes on a spring pole.

Tight pole with spring. Stays mostly put but still moves smoothly. Its comfortable to me is what matters

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
Wow I didn't realize it was such a 50/50 split here.. . My decision is getting harder

I like the spring because that's what I am used to. I haven't spent but a few rides on a stiff pole but didn't like it to much - but it was a really really stiff pole. I'm thinking something middle ground might be nice (spring and stiff) but I hear this blowsion spring is a PITA to install...

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
icecooled,there will be a thousand different opinions you will get.lf there is anyway you could have a spring set up and then just start tightening it down a little at a time to see if its what you will really want. lt is a love/hate on this question.

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Here is the my opinion... if you are coming from a spring setup, you need to ride 4-5 times with a tight pole to make a fair assessment. It is so foreign at first that most people do not give it a real chance. A lot has to do with your riding conditions and style.

I like loose in the surf...

Top Bottom