whats better?

R

ridethelip

actually i think it helps allot for recovering..i always just fall to my left (backside) and just bounce off the water while giving it gas while staying strapped in...most of the time you just pop right back up...when i do fall to the right you can just move out of the straps real quick and just drag a leg or whatever you need to do...also besides jumping or reentries i think the straps help allot..you can just come up and do a floater or just hit the lip and hang there waiting for it to pitch and then gas it and air drop back down..with straps its pretty easy..ive tried it on other peoples skis without and its really hard...the overall control is night and day between straps and no straps
I am super old school. I will have to try your ski when I come up.For your laughing entertainment.I should have started riding in the straps 15 yrs ago.Watch this floater frontside the hard way.I like the sound of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

wydopen

onthepipe
Instead of thinking about style I focus my attention on riding parts of the wave that others seem to be avoiding.Can I get some style points for that even though I don't ride surf stance?

yup :fing02: ive seen you ride..you were going vertical on the lip..me likey

there isnt much avoiding going on with the boys i ride with either :usa2:

Last edited:
R

ridethelip

yup :fing02: ive seen you ride..you were going vertical on the lip..me likey

there isnt much avoiding going on with the boys i ride with either :usa2:
There are some that can ride it but most focus on the barrell roll,crunchy roll, back flip and nose stab.Should we start a thread about which is more difficult? Forget I typed that.It's victory at sea right now.How about that america's most wanted guy finally closed the case on his 6 year old son that was killed in the early 80's.Sad but they can get some closure on that success.

P

PancakePete

I do think it personal preference. I like to ride both.. Strap and Front hold and Rear holds for rolls and some other things like small wave backflips.. You have to work with the surf you got or whatnot.

I think that people that think (X) way is the only way is just rediculous.

Not starting crap. Just saying.

R

ridethelip

I do think it personal preference. I like to ride both.. Strap and Front hold and Rear holds for rolls and some other things like small wave backflips.. You have to work with the surf you got or whatnot.

I think that people that think (X) way is the only way is just rediculous.

Not starting crap. Just saying.
I agree.What works for 1 may not for another.If the modification you do to your ski will help you ride a trick away clean then cool! I rode LBE's ski and he has the entire tray widened.I like that! Kind of like the foot room on a sxr.Nice to have all that foot room.

P

PancakePete

I agree.What works for 1 may not for another.If the modification you do to your ski will help you ride a trick away clean then cool! I rode LBE's ski and he has the entire tray widened.I like that! Kind of like the foot room on a sxr.Nice to have all that foot room.

Very true... How did you like His Front hold ?

he did a killer job on that tray..

R

ridethelip

Very true... How did you like His Front hold ?

he did a killer job on that tray..
Is the front foot hold your creation? Well done!
The whole tray area is a nice piece of work.Going from a sn to round nose with a handle pole that is much shorter than mine was enteresting.I did not ride eddie's ski long enough to feel comfortable.Eddie's approach is wave riding and big aerials.My approach is entirely wave riding.My supersled has -2 handle pole and kick tail with a "D" cut plate that is broken off on one side.His ride plate is carbon fiber that was just coming apart from the punishing back flip flat landings.That boy likes his handle pole pivot cranked
down auto pilot style.Very Different!

Fro Diesel

creative control
ridethelip,

where is some video of your style? I like the way joe kenney does re-entries. I think that's a hard trick...to master.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I am going to ride more in the ocean than anything so i am wondering what is better to go with footholds or foot straps?

Your in Simi: drive down to Oside one day and ride. You can try my ski.
I have never been a fan of straps. ALL personal prefrence!!

I would like you to try my ski Andrew. I would like to see what you think of the widened tray.

I need to watch Ridethelip more. You get in some great parts of the wave!

Last edited:

stanton

High on jetskis.
DSC_4897.jpg

i dont like a wide tray because i wedge my foot in the strap with my heel against the gunwhale. i push SO much with my heel if i dont have that there my feet come out of the strap when i need to push it. it also keeps my foot locked in the strap better when i need to pull up. i never get stuck in my straps..

wydopen

onthepipe
Your in Simi: drive down to Oside one day and ride. You can try my ski.
I have never been a fan of straps. ALL personal prefrence!!

I would like you to try my ski Andrew. I would like to see what you think of the widened tray.

I need to watch Ridethelip more. You get in some great parts of the wave!

you dont ride a surfboard with one foot on one rail and your other foot on the other..so having a widened tray wouldnt really do much for me cause my feet would still be in the same place..jetskiing to me is an extension of surfing..nothing more..also i have very short legs so i dont ride with my foot far enough forward to use a front foothold

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
Toe clips are ghey:shocked: probably all have them on your bikes too!

yup..i raced downhill mtb with flats for years...always was midpack in expert..as soon as i swiched to clipless i was on the podium :cheer2:

haha yea this is SOOO gay

joe_kenny_todos.jpg

and yea it really sucks to be able to control your ski in the air :rolleyes:

IMG_6982.jpg

yea taylor should take those straps out right away too those massive aerials are lame haha :)

DSC_5718.jpg

picspismo12-07028.jpg

should i dig up some photos of strapless riders?? maybe some cool hand drags?..lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom