Whats everyone using for steering/bars on SJs?

Hey guys, wondering what people recommend for steering/bars for SJs? I have been looking into the xmetal adjustable bars but also the blowsion phat bars...any advice? Also for aftermarket throttles like the blowsion/xmetal ones is the "yamaha adaptor" needed and what does it do?

ive been doing alot of looking for steering. I think im down to the cold fusion steering. I wanted an adjustable that will allow me to keep factory style bushings for maintenance ease but i cant seem to find that. I also cant ride straight bars... cold fusion also makes a throttle that doesnt need an adapter!

I have xmetal adjustable. Love it. Works good. Stays tight. Takes a beating.

Ive been really wanting to try a riser bar setup, even though I ride flatwater, looks like it would allow you to hold the pole quite a bit lower, something to think about

I got the full Blowsion fat bar riser setup. I love it except the krok collar they use is junk, comes loose at least twice on a three hour ride time. I stuck a jam nut on it and drilled a hole for a cotter pin.

baxt3r

BBQ
Still running stock steering with Blowsion 0-degree bars. Is there enough of a benefit to upgrade the stock plate before it breaks or wears out?

I run xmetal Straight bar shorty steering. I love how agile it is .
Your welcome to give my ski a try this week a group is going on a tonka ride.

there is room to gain moving the bars closer to pivot point gives you more control and makes it handle alot better IMO.

Last edited:
i just installed the xmetal adj. 2 weeks ago and freaking love it moved the bars all the way forward and set it for the most quicksteer possible....oh so freaking agile, major difference from stock, now to get the xmetal pole and figure out how to mount it on my sn

Top Bottom