Blaster What's the consensus on rear waterbox setups?

I run a Factory Dry Pipe on my Blaster and I'm going to be putting a rear mount waterbox in it. It's a TDR and the design is straight through.

This is the waterbox I have

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt180/extreemthrottle/parts and bike pics/IMG_0001.jpg

I notice many people run bends in the exhaust in the rear section when they do this. Is it a bad idea that I'm planning to go completely straight back from my chamber to this box and then out the hull? I think it will flow better this way but I work on cars and I know things get a lot different when you're talking boats.

Let me know if there is anything I should be concerned about, thanks y'all

John

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
My friend had a B1 with a red pipe and stock waterbox. He changed the rear exhaust from the pump to the back of the ski. He started having problems with water ingestion he never had before. We believe that the weight of the boat and the height he was jumping was putting too much pressure into the exhaust that he didn't have before when the outlet was in the pump.

I can't comment on the rear waterbox, but I would discourage moving the outlet.

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
No issues here with the rear waterbox or rear outlet.

Not sure about the straight through design you want to use though. Think about water backing up that pipe/waterbox while the ski is sitting in the water since it level with the waterline. Doesn't sound like a good idea. Take a look at waveraider 700 waterbox for a cheap alternative.

My friend had a B1 with a red pipe and stock waterbox. He changed the rear exhaust from the pump to the back of the ski. He started having problems with water ingestion he never had before. We believe that the weight of the boat and the height he was jumping was putting too much pressure into the exhaust that he didn't have before when the outlet was in the pump.

I can't comment on the rear waterbox, but I would discourage moving the outlet.
This is what I was concerned with. The Dry Pipe runs really high up and I don't ever think water would make it back to the engine, but I know the exhaust would "clog" up.

No issues here with the rear waterbox or rear outlet.

Not sure about the straight through design you want to use though. Think about water backing up that pipe/waterbox while the ski is sitting in the water since it level with the waterline. Doesn't sound like a good idea. Take a look at waveraider 700 waterbox for a cheap alternative.
I can actually use the stock outlet with this waterbox, I bought it off Dave and he said the ski it came off of retained the stock outlet.

I'm thinking it will be "safer" to keep the stock outlet, but a rear exit looks tits!

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
im running a raider rear box on the left side then looped up higher than the water line and back down and out through 701 industries rear exhaust kit and love it. no problems with water at all

im running a raider rear box on the left side then looped up higher than the water line and back down and out through 701 industries rear exhaust kit and love it. no problems with water at all
I hope I'm not too annoying guys, just tell me if I'm overthinking this....

but the loop that rises higher than the water level seems like a good idea. Is this something I should try to do regardless? Or am I worried about nothing?

Top Bottom