Freestyle When does a trick count?

swapmeet

Brotastic
anigif_enhanced-4099-1402930864-19.gif

Everyone go to the top of the page and look at the question again... "when does A TRICK count?" Nobody asked "when does A COMBO count?"

I can't believe there is this much discussion over this LOL! That doesn't get more cut and dried. Trick vs Combo, conversation over.... The rider did a trick. Plate to Plate back flip.
proud.gif

Look.... At best, we have maybe 10 people who are active on this forum AND compete on the circuit, Amateur and Pro.... To those people, completed and ridden out combos really do count. It matters to them, and it's important so they can win the points and get the trophy and someday get the coveted #1 on their riding gear.
0.jpg

Fist pumps optional. (some people won't get this joke)

I may be speaking out of turn, but the rest of us "freestyle" riders on the forum are just having fun. Doing our best to do repeatable tricks. If I could do a 180 back flip like in the video, it would probably be the best thing that happened to me all year. When i'm 84 years old wearing a diaper and harrassing old folks home staff... I would be like "and in 2015 I landed my first backy! Thats back when jetskis ran on gas!!!"

The jet ski didn't over rotate right? He tried to go for a potential second backflip? Because, in your hypthetical situation, he over rotated.

If I do 10 backflips in a row on a DVX 1200 then ended it with a barrel roll and failed the barrel roll....did I not do backflips? I feel i just failed the overall trick but showed I can do a backflip.

I couldn't agree with what you've said more.

About time this thread receives some Gif love.

"I may be speaking out of turn, but the rest of us "freestyle" riders on the forum are just having fun. Doing our best to do repeatable tricks. If I could do a 180 back flip like in the video, it would probably be the best thing that happened to me all year. When i'm 84 years old wearing a diaper and harrassing old folks home staff... I would be like "and in 2015 I landed my first backy! Thats back when jetskis ran on gas!!!"

^That's where I'm coming from, and typically the side I choose when this subject comes up.

The real question that hasn't been answers is "What were you trying to do?" that will flat out answer the question. If the goal was 180 to back flip then I say no since you wiskey throttled it at the end and did another half rotation. If you were trying to do 2 flips, then the first one was landed but not the second so again you failed to accomplish your task. If the goal was to go out and have a blast throwing your ski around then I would say you succeeded cause that's what really matters.

I vote for " you have to ride out of it in order to consider the trick landed" But just because you didn't land it doesn't mean you didn't flip.

Top Bottom