When is it too late? Other Hotels?

So due to owning a business I am not in the situation to take a vacation unless its really worth it. I am really waiting on the weather this year unfortunately. If its cold Im out.

I guess my question is.... Say I decide last minute to come (70% coming).... Does any one know of any hotels SUPER close to the Makai for cheap? This vacation is not in my budget but I have yet to miss a Daytona Freeride since I started riding. I just need to know my options so I am prepared. And god for bid I am not paying the Coral for their jacked up prices for the ride.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Andy, it is never to too late!! If you stay near the freeride but on the other side of the road, you can find really CHEAP hotels, after all it is wintertime. There are lots of cheap 'mom n pop' hotels.

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
you can stay on our balcony like the kentucky boys did for free lol. get your ass down here andy you are young you have the rest of your live to work, its 50 dollars a night for a room at the driftwood

Last edited:

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Several years ago I slept on the Balcony, and I was paying my fair share of the room. I brought an air matress and choose the balcony over the bed. I slept well. 75 degrees and breezy. It rained the second night, so I had to sleep inside.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Anyone have a list of hotels that are beach front to the ride? I know about the Coral and the Makai. The ride gets very wide. I'm sure there are other options that would allow me to park my truck by the hotel. Not sure how far N/S I can book from the Makai and still be walking distance from the more central part of the ride to my hotel. Right now I'm booked at the Coral, for $100/night.

Matt, I wish I could bring my truck down like you do with your jeep. I am rocking a lifted extended cab silverado on 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws. But since its a 1200mile drive I have to drive the space and gas saving Honda Accord down. 33mpg>11mpg

Yea I should say I am gonna try to sleep in the Jeep...I have to make it back first! Almost made it last year but someone woke me up in the back of a pick up at 8am:shrug:

Accords are very comfortable if you are passed out!

stop bluffing and go all in lol

Hahah Mario... My heads 100% in the game... my wallet is almost there. ha

Xeon ur a tender pusssssss if you don't come!

HAHAHA. Tender. lol

there are a 1000 hotels right in that area....local boys here never get a room, they always just find a place when they get there.......hotel rooms are to be had from 39 bucks and up

Awesome. Yeah I dont care about the ocean view or what view I wake up to out the window (for the most part) So cheap hotels close by sound mint to me.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I booked my room at Coral in October I think it was for $50/night.. That was before Yamaslut told us they are offering a freeride discount, which should make it even cheaper.. Just show up.. You'll find a room somewhere.. There are an azz load of motel's in the area looking at Google Maps..

Top Bottom