Where are your Tubby 2's ????

My buddy just got some tubby 2's and we we're wondering where to put them? there seems to be many options of placement. Show us where yours are and where you might suggest them going. I am talking about height...(ie: flush with bottom or and inch up).......angle of placement and distance from front and back. thanks

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I went with what the official instructions (that come with BLOWSION tubbies) suggest. No regrets.

all i know is mine are flush with the bottom and i personally wouldnt want them 1 inch up. that makes you have to lean more before they start working.

all i know is mine are flush with the bottom and i personally wouldnt want them 1 inch up. that makes you have to lean more before they start working.

ya that makes sense to me...just wanted to hear what you guys had to say.

what about front to back placement?? would they be more ideal further forward or back for surf riding only? I dont race or do anything high speed.

I have never run the tubbie 2's. Just put a set of 3's on the 08 tonight and we will see what that does.

But about your question. I have always used the regular tubbies, and put them as far forward as was reasonable, and flush with the bottom. I like them this way because you get a smooth rail to rail transition (not sure how this would be with the 2's.) And I felt the boat just handled the best with them far forward.

If you do run them flush with the bottom, I would say you need to glass them on, which I have always done. The boats Blowison built for me had them secured with 5200 and screws...but they put them just above the bottom of the hull. They still work very well like this.

Hope that helps a little...

thanks guys....they are done. up half inch and forward maybe an inch. next boat though...they are going somewhere drastically new just to see how they react.

this is why you guys should run kawis, you wont have to worry about this tubby non sense:smokin:

But then you have to worry about breaking down whenever you wanna ride and I myself don't think the extra 70 pounds is worth it either. GO BLUE (not Michigan either) :starwars:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
this is why you guys should run kawis, you wont have to worry about this tubby non sense:smokin:

If everyone ran Kawis, then that would become the status quo of this website.

You don't want to be part of the status quo of this website now, do you?

Top Bottom