where to get a copy of boater saftey lience??

meatball

User Title Unavailable
you have to call up DNR and ask them. Its a huge PITA and takes about 3-4 weeks, you cant do it all over the phone, you have to hand mail a request to them and some other stuff. I was going to get an extra just in case, but I said F it.

May be different where you live, it all depends, but first things first, give DNR a call.

B-Roy

Makin' a Comeback!
Do you still need your boaters saftey after you have your drivers license?

Hmm I havent carried my BL in about 3 years lol.

SuperjetSteve

Go Big or Go Home
yup anyone who rides a pwc needs to have a boaters liecence.My uncle had his drivers liecence with him and he got pulled over and got a ticket for not have his BL

meatball

User Title Unavailable
Everyone who was born after 1971 needs one, it was grandfathered in, so there is no age that gets you out of boaters safety.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
CRAZY!
In NC, you have to have a boating safety class if you 13 - 16 years old or you cant ride the ski.:frown:
Over 16, you are good:biggthumpup:
No license required
My son is 12 and wants a SN

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
CRAZY!
In NC, you have to have a boating safety class if you 13 - 16 years old or you cant ride the ski.:frown:
Over 16, you are good:biggthumpup:
No license required
My son is 12 and wants a SN
Yup a few more months and i'll be sixteen. GEt you son started early..He could be the next ratti..you never know:cool2:

Diessel

x-H2O
i got mine online but cant remember the website payed i think 20$ to print the certififivate on the spot and they mailed the original after 2 3 weeks. when i get home ill look for it but thats in ohio.

i hate having to carry registration and a boaters license when i ride somewhere other than on the lake i live on. nowhere to put it, you laminate and ziplock it and it still gets wet P.I.T.A.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
Yup a few more months and i'll be sixteen. GEt you son started early..He could be the next ratti..you never know:cool2:

yeah, he has ridden my 750 and loves it. usually he rides the wr500.
he saw some pix of the SN I talked to Kurt about it and he thinks he would like it

meatball

User Title Unavailable
i hate having to carry registration and a boaters license when i ride somewhere other than on the lake i live on. nowhere to put it, you laminate and ziplock it and it still gets wet P.I.T.A.

Your stuff still gets wet laminated???

I still havent ever brought along my BL OR my registration, but thats because I've never gotten pulled over.

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
It's really a scam because I got my safety certificate when I was like 10 years old... I don't remember a darn thing form those classes! But you have to have one :rolleyes:

Top Bottom