Freestyle where to put fire extinguisher

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
Well I was kinda at lose on where i should jam a fire extinguisher on my Foot Rocket.

Law says its not supposed to be in engine compartment. Must be accessible from the out side of ski without opening hood.

so Law makes it very limited on possible legal spots to put it.

I Never use the front foot hold on my ski so this is where i have been running the extinguisher for the duration of this season. Ive attempted a dozen back flips with plenty of pancakes, n the extinguisher hasnt budge... nothing is holding the extinguisher, its simply jammed in there really well.

just joe

Site Supporter
All SXR's have the extinguisher in the engine compartment. So are they illegal? On a WB2 it's under the seat. Try getting it out on water.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Extinguisher should be placed in an accessible area

There is a difference between should and shall. It just depends on if you think your rangers are that much of dicks and if it's worth fighting if they are that much of dicks.

For example...

http://asq.org/standards-shall-should
This resource I chose has no relation to the law, but reflects the general social understanding of a guideline vs a rule.

When used as an auxiliary verb, shall, according to Webster's Online Dictionary, “denotes a requirement that is mandatory whenever the criterion for conformance with the specification requires that there be no deviation” (2). This word implies obligation and is traditionally used by laws and regulations.

On the other hand, should “denotes a guideline or recommendation whenever noncompliance with the specification is permissible.” When used as an auxiliary verb, it expresses “a conditional or contingent act or state … or moral obligation” (5).

The statement “Incoming materials shall be inspected before they are accepted in warehouse” is mandatory. All incoming materials must be inspected before they are accepted in warehouse. A deviation causes a noncompliance with the document.

In contrast, “Incoming materials should be inspected before they are accepted in warehouse” is a recommendation by the document writer. It allows the document users to make their own judgment calls.

I'd take my chances with it in the engine compartment.

Every PWC ever made has the extinguisher in a compartment of some sort. In the engine compartment, under the seat, up the rangers ass beside their head, all PWCs will have a delay to access.

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
Police are cool but the DNR are very strict by me. I was arrested last year on my jetmate(not going into details).

One ticket they gave me was due to fire extinguisher. The test button I guess was broken off my extinguisher so he gave me ticket for "NO fire extinguisher"

Droste14

Be About It!
Mine is in my trailer. If for some horrible reason mine catches fire it will be flipped upside down and sunk. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
my friends here in Kansas argued that with a ranger once. they want you to have one (here at least) in case another boat is on fire. but I'm thinking i have a really powerful fire hose shooting from my pump anyway.. no way I'm pulling off my unfloating hood in the middle of the lake and also risking the chance of sinking my standup..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
my friends here in Kansas argued that with a ranger once. they want you to have one (here at least) in case another boat is on fire. no way I'm pulling off my unfloating hood in the middle of the lake and also risking the chance of sinking my standup..

same here, Sorry but that is unsafe officer, then instead of one ski going down we would have two.
Either way I have tried to debate this with officers and some of them understand but most just go with "the law is the law" and are afraid to learn anything new about stand ups. Just easier to have one. If they want to see it, then please follow me to the shore.

Last edited:

Droste14

Be About It!
I mean this may be insensitive to mankind but I don't really feel like sinking my ski trying to put out a fire on a little dinker boat because the owner doesn't know personal boat maintenance or by chance lit it on fire with a cig

I ride an unregistered ski without an extinguisher and don't even bother bringing my boating license ***when I am on a stand up*** TWRA doesn't patrol a lot where I ride and if I ever do see them I just hop it up on shore and wait till they pass. Don't know about by you but in tennessee the boat police only have jurisdiction in non federal water ways so once I am up on shore I am out of their jurisdiction.

Droste14

Be About It!
I got kicked off of one Kansas lake last year on the 4th of July weekend for too small of registration numbers. Stopped me in the middle of the lake and he goes "and I'm pretty sure you don't have an extinguisher with you either. You either trailer it or 200$ ticket." I was there for 5 days 2 hours from home and unable to ride the rest of the weekend.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
my friends here in Kansas argued that with a ranger once. they want you to have one (here at least) in case another boat is on fire. but I'm thinking i have a really powerful fire hose shooting from my pump anyway.. no way I'm pulling off my unfloating hood in the middle of the lake and also risking the chance of sinking my standup..

Exactly! I haven't been stopped or asked yet but I am going to try the fountain thing and see what they say.
js-spray.jpg

Top Bottom