Which hooker?

So, I took the blaster out for the first time since making several mods, and it ran great. Especially mid to top end. Don't get me wrong, bottom end was good, no noticeable lags or anything, but didn't hit quite as hard as I would like, especially jumping off wakes. Right now, the ski is setup with:

62T/61x motor W/stock porting
Stock 38s W/aftermarket F/As
Blowsion girdled head W/33 cc domes (I ride at 5,000 feet above sea level, so these are still premium pump gas friendly)
Factory Pipe W/mod Chamber
JetManiac watebox
MSD enhancer
JSS coil wires W/MSD caps
61x stator & Zero lightened flywheel
Solas Concord 13/17

Funds are a little tight right now, so I am not looking at doing a lot of motor work (like porting and/or bigbore) right now. However, I am thinking about getting a hooker. I am just not sure what pitch. Since my motor is not very radical, should I go for a 9/15 and maximize the low end? If there is anyone out there running a similar setup, with a hooker, let me know what you have and how you like it.

Thanks,
JJ

Reactions: mbx

Mike W

Infidel
You have a pretty mild setup. I would say 9/15 but if you can find a stock 08+ prop it’s pretty close to the 9/15 Hooker. I run a stock 08+ SJ prop in my B1 and it performs well. Plus it was 1/3 of what a Hooker costs.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Blondes cost more, go with a redhead.................. oh wait, wrong website!!!!!!!!!!!!

repitch your concorde. The Hooker is a great prop, but not that much better than what you have........... And I am not a fan of Solas Yamaha props.

Top Bottom