which impeller...

So I've got a 550/750 conversion ski. The hull is extremely modified for freestyle, the engine is maybe a limited setup as far as power goes so maybe 95 HP,and I'm running a 650 pump with trim. My ski is decently light at 280lbs.. I'm only 140 lbs.. I've got a brand new skat 15.5 straight and a brand new Solas 13/18 , I can machine them myself and set them back 5mm.. Which one should I got with? I want strictly bottom end hookup... Or should I just buy a impros 9/17 hooker?

Forgive my lack of knowledge but for low end i think the 9/17 hooker would deliver more of what ur looking for rather than a 13/17. If someone with more knowledge could shed some light on diff prop pitches and setups that would be awesome

I'm 25 pounds heavier the u, and I put a 20 degree skat in my 550/750 conversion. It worked well, but probly could have been better with a 20.5 or 21.
I'm running a 650 blueprinted pump. Not a junk peewee 550 pump lol. Its SOO much smaller than a 650 pump!

I'm running a 650 blueprinted pump. Not a junk peewee 550 pump lol. Its SOO much smaller than a 650 pump!
Yeh I missed the 650 pump part. But I'll buoy race a conversion with 650 pump with my peewee 550 pump any day! Fx1's have a hard time with my conversion! There's a difference between having control and flying on the edge of out of control!

Won't have as good of bottom end as a bigger pump. With all the water being pushed out of that little pump its probably high speed. But it may make good bottom end- it won't make the same bottom end that a 650 pump will. Its all personal preference.

why don't they use 550/840 conversion skis for racing then? Lol
Not sure why. Probly cuz kawi motors ain't worth the time to big bore them this big. the only reason I did it, is cuz I got the cylinder with big bore sleeves in it already for free. This thing has so much low end snap it's rediculous! The motor is ported for nothing but low end power. If I had a trim kit on it, it would flat water flip with no problem at all. But you are right about the 650 pump having more low end then my 550 pump. I could only imagine what my motor would be like in your ski with the 650 pump! poop would be nuts! I'm still waiting rhass 750 pump kit to come out for the JS hull. I can dam near get a full flip out of it right now the way it is with the 550 pump and no trim.

Post some pics and videos of that beast!
Don't got any video, but here's a pic of the motor after I put it all together.
ymugabun.jpg
zu9eva5y.jpg
egu4u5yg.jpg

The carb is a 46grs and the exhaust is a pjs 650 pipe. TONS of low end grunt! Way too much for the hull it's in. This motor is ripping the hull to peaces very quickly!

Top Bottom