Super Jet Which Mag pump?

Hi

Looking at getting a MAG pump, want to know which would be the better one to get

second hand but good condition 140MM 12V Non setback Skat trak
or a new 144MM 12V Non setback Solas

I have a RN Superjet
701 non ported
B Pipe
MSD Enhancer
twin 38's jetted correctly
Vforce Reeds

I know this may be a subjective and down to opinion but hoping for some help choosing.

Cheers

For the price the Solas is a very nice set up, I know it's heavier though considering its stainless steel.
ive never rode a ski with a skat though so I couldn't tell you how they perform.
Solas is $495
Skat is $1000+

X2 on the Solas pump. Just put one in and rode last week. Hits hard over stock. 4lbs heaver then the Skat but it is at the back of the ski. You will never notice the difference.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Hi

Looking at getting a MAG pump, want to know which would be the better one to get

second hand but good condition 140MM 12V Non setback Skat trak
or a new 144MM 12V Non setback Solas

I have a RN Superjet
701 non ported
B Pipe
MSD Enhancer
twin 38's jetted correctly
Vforce Reeds

I know this may be a subjective and down to opinion but hoping for some help choosing.

Cheers

Go with the solas. 144mm is easier to find impellers for as you upgrade power. 140mm are mainly old race pumps getting passed around...

140mm will do the job compared to oem 144, but do not perform as well for freestyle and will limit you as you move up in power and performance.

Overall freestyle world moving toward larger pumps at any given engine performance level.

schicks

Karma Enforcer
if you go the solas route, make sure you get/have a large hub prop such as the Impros Hooker props, also make sure that you buy their prop spacer and the metal pump to nozzle adapter. The rubber ones are junk. i didn't notice much of a difference between stock and 12 vein solas. It is not worth buying if you don't set it up properly.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Talking to my buddy with an XFR, yes you will feel the extra weight at the rear of the ski but the performance is real for sure.

Top Bottom