Other which one and why?

hey guys, new to the stand up world...as far as buying and talking technical things. ive ridden standups for a few years that my friends have owned but none of them have ever really gotten into them much more than just riding them. im looking to buy one now and was wondering if the more experienced people on this forum could give some insight.

ive ridden an old 85 or so kawasaki 550 and a 2001 superjet

question:
ive found a 1995 Kawasaki 750 sxi and a 1991 Yamaha superjet 650 for the same price

I was wondering, without talking price, which would be better/more reliable? like i said earlier...ive ridden them but havent been INTO them. i am doin research as we speak. which ski would be better? i dont have a balancing problem and i loved how the 2001 sj would turn, just lean and go!

htanks guys

how hard is it to swap the newer 701 motor over to the 91 hull? is the wiring and all the same? exhaust the same? is the hull on the 91 the same as the 2001? handle the same?

so many things im trying to figure out!!!! haha

how hard is it to swap the newer 701 motor over to the 91 hull? is the wiring and all the same? exhaust the same? is the hull on the 91 the same as the 2001? handle the same?

it will move with no problems, i move my 701 back and forth from my surf square nose boat to my custom freestyle round nose takes me about a day to do everything from one hull to the other but make sure you shim properly.

Stock vs stock the 750 will be alot more fun to ride. Even if you put a 701 in the sn it will be a turd without mods. Stock superjets are weak.

^My stock 97 SJ killed my built 750sxi on low end without a problem, sold the sxi and modded my SJ....superjets are the better ski all around... 750s are heavy and have no low end..

Not to mention the 750sxi is going to guzzle gas at almost twice the rate of that 650 sj.

I vote you save your pennies and buy a nice 96+ Superjet with a 701 already in it. Maybe get lucky and find one with some goodies on it.

Agree with SF ^^^ be patient and ready to leap.
Go with a newer RN SJ you will be much happier and much closer to the goal.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
650's are kinda slow. You may be able to find a 93-95 square nose with the 701. I have a 650 square nose and its not that bad. But a 701 with a pipe is a world of difference. I like my SN though. Back to orig question. Superjet. You could build anything you want through this site. Parts are plentiful.(for 701). Reliable and tons of parts. Stay with yamaha. And no mean to be rude. But if your on a budget, your gonna hate this sport. You get the itch and it gets expensive

haha im not new to expensive hobbies. from racing quads, to pitbikes, to cars.....reliable=expensive.

ya, ive ridden a 2001 superjet and loved it. just wasnt sure if the 750sxi could be somewhat equivalent to the 650 sn....ill keep looking and may end up with the sn.

have another lead on a 750sxi that just needs a normal top end rebuild...if able to snag it for like $200 be a good deal?

thanks and sorry

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
No. Seriously stay with yamaha. When you want an upgrade you can always find it here. $200 is a good deal. Hell rebuild it and flip it for a SN.

haha rough indeed. ive seen motor shots, its pretty clean on the inside. work? ya, im aware haha.

electronics, he said they work....i was going to test what i could before cash was handed over. what kind of electronics do these things have that you need? i was going to test for spark/start switch/kill switch.....any tilt sensors or anything?

would it be worth $400? or is that even too much?

Top Bottom