Which One?

Hi all,

I sold my last B1 about 4 years ago, and have regetted it ever since. So, I am looking at buy another one. The only choices, near enough, are:

1. 1995 with 62T/61X motor, stock pipe, dual 38mm carbs, west coast head (non-girdled), and a few other AM parts.
2. 1994 with 61X motor, 44 mm single carb, Factory pipe w/limited chamber, Ocean Pro head (non-girdled), K&N FA, and a few other AM parts.

Both are asking $3K. I want some opinions about which is more important, the FP or the 62T? I know FPs have gone through the roof in the last few years. So, I am thiniking it would be anothe $1K or more to get one. Is it worth getting the 1994 with the FP over the better motor, and upgrading later?

Thaks,
JS

Look at the condition and performance goodies. Both engines are old and potentially junk but can be overhauled for the price of the pipe.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
So, I ended up buying #1. It doesnt have a b pipe, but it does have UMI steering and an aluminum waterbox. It was also a lot closer and being sold by a private party (#2 was at a dealership). Just got it yesterday, so I havn't ridden it yet.
Expect it to match your avatar picture by start of next season. =)

Blaster are pretty fun in stock form tho. They don't really get fun until you lighten them a bunch and rocker them. I've never even put a pipe on any of mine. It only gets you a couple mph top end. And a bit more low end. Which doesn't benefit the blaster near as much as a Stand-up. Idk. If it didn't come with it. I wouldn't pony up the 11-1600 bucks your gonna have to pay to get a blaster pipe.

@JetSkiJunkie Front and rear rockered Blasters are a ton of fun in the surf. I've been toying around with the idea of selling mine to fund another build. Sounds like you already picked one up. But, PM me if you decide you want to investigate that path further...

unnamed.jpg

Top Bottom